• Plans, manages and coordinates the operation of the Nonwoven manufacturing plant and warehousing. Includes responsibility for ensuring that short and medium term production targets are met and minimum cost consistent with specified production quality standards, coordinating with all sections and departments to ensure that adequate resources are brought to bear on unit problems, interfacing with outside company resources and coordinating long range plan and development of both production facilities and personnel.
• Reports to the General Manager on a daily basis.
• Responsible for all production staff, Production Engineer, Mechanical/Electrical Engineers, Laboratory Technician, Warehouse/Stores Coordinator and Secretary.
• Working relationships with the Administration & Purchase Manager, Marketing & Sales Manager, Finance Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing
• Exercises general responsibility for plant process safety and personnel safety. Establishes administrative procedures to ensure that process safety systems are adequate and properly maintained. Critically reviews, evaluates and authorizes proposed changes to plant shutdown systems. Takes independent decisions in case of emergency.
• Supervises the activities of assigned personnel in the department. Carries out managerial duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Oversees the operation of the plant. Includes setting priorities consistent with department and Company goals, assigning projects, setting targets for projects and following through to their successful completion.
• Coordinates the preparation of operation department's budget and monitors performance on a regular basis to ensure the plant is operating safely and profitably.
• Coordinates with BBA Research & Development Department and others, the development of new products and/or improvements of existing products.
• Supervises the Technical and Maintenance personnel to ensure that adequate resources are brought to bear on unit problems. Includes setting priorities, providing technical leadership, appraising alternative approaches to the solution of problems, committing and planning resources, setting deadlines and following up to the successful completion.
• Supervises the warehouses operation to ensure that all goods are safely and properly positioned and in manners that reduce the unloading / loading costs.
• Interfaces with other company resources and other outside technical resources. Includes reviewing and discussing general operations, production projections, inventories, discussing technical problems and requesting expertise and technical advice and support.
• Participates in long range resources planning in support of identified production and maintenance plans. Includes determining future manpower needs and ways to achieve manpower objectives for the successful operation of the plant and determining the needs for equipment expansion and modification
• Coordinates the manpower training and development of Saudi National/s. Includes identifying manpower development needs, implementing programs as required, carefully monitoring progress and coordinating with Training staff as required.
• Coordinate plant operation on weekends and holidays. Reviews plant progress and problems each day and coordinates resolution of special problems.
• Operates according to established company objectives and specific work programs. Reacts independently amending operating conditions to alleviate problems or optimize production.
• B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry. Very gook knowledge of English.
• 8-10 years process and/or Production Engineering experience in the nonwovens industry with a minimum of 3 years in Managerial position.
• Should be trained in the nonwovens technology.
• B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry. Very gook knowledge of English."
- Job Location:
- Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma