The OSP Fiber Optics Project Manager ensures efficient and profitable work within the scope of “OSP Department”. He surveys the sites, designs and plans the execution of the Fiber Optics Projects, and other OSP Projects. He monitors the implementation and makes any necessary changes to the plan in order to optimize the performance of the project in accordance of the terms and conditions of the clients’ contracts.
1. Establishes project objectives, analyzes the project proposal and collaborates with the management.
2. Establishes project plan; determines time frame, funds and staffing; approves the project schedule.
3. Develops planning and control methods and procedures.
4. Commensurate with the nature and scope of work in project implementation, demonstrates them to project engineers and ensures their application.
5. Selects, orients & trains staff members, and assigns responsibilities.
6. Acts as an arbitrator at site to solve problems arising among project engineers.
7. Establishes and achieves the project’s budget, schedules and approves expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
8. Approves project specifications.
9. Analyzes product design, customer requirements and performance standards and authorizes technical studies.
10. Ensures that all permissions required for the execution of the work are available and valid.
11. Determines feasibility of the projects; identifies and forecasts costs and requirements.
12. Confirms product requirement, establishes standards and tests requirements.
13. Controls project plan and approves design, specifications, plans and schedule changes.
14. Prepares project status reports, collects, analyzes and summarizes information and trends.
15. Exercises and practices controls that are essential to ensure performance of projects in accordance with contracts.
16. Conducts periodical meetings to evaluate progress of work, detects delays approves them and refers to head quarters for billing and collection.
17. Ensures that construction preliminary and final acceptance tests are performed and accepted by the engineers.
18. Manages project risks and develops contingency plans.
19. Maintains professional and technical knowledge and attends educational workshops.
20. Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the company quality system.
1 - Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or any relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in designing Fiber Optics Transmission Networks and other OSP networks
- Minimum 3 years experience in project management and planning of OSP networks.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is plus.
2 - Languages:
- English, Arabic is a plus.
3 - Others:
- Knowledge of installation techniques for telecom systems.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and methodology.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the construction.
- Strong technical background.
- Good Cultural Awareness.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to adapt to new techniques.
- Ability to handle first aid situation requirements.
- Ability to understand many areas of expertise.
- Ability to explain complex technical systems.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to coordinate projects and set priorities.
4 - Work Environment:
- Work may require occasional weekend or evening work.
- Working conditions are normal for an office work environment and site field.
- Work may require overtime to meet deadlines.
- Work may require being on-call in case of crisis.
- Work requires travelling.
- Limited physical effort is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering or any relevant field.
- Job Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
LINFRA has been established in 1991 in Lebanon and has operated under different commercial names (ACD and ACD networks). It has expanded since to cover Middle East, Gulf and various African countries.
Currently we have branches in the following countries:
- Lebanon: Linfra Headquarters
- Syria: Linfra Syria
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: Linfra Arabia
- Iraq: Linfra Iraq
- Morocco: Linfra Maroc
- Algeria: Linfra Algerie
- Ghana: Linfra Ghana
- Guinea: Linfra Guinee
- Sudan: Linfra Sudan
- South Africa: Lintel Communication Systems South Africa.
Our Core Activities
- Having a sound experience in the field of Telecommunications, our core business focuses on executing turn key projects in Telecom, mobile and fixed infrastructures.
- Our activities range from site survey to a full integration solution.
- PSTN networks
- Optical fiber networks
- Cable networks (OSP, coaxial, etc.,…)
- Microwave links
- Mobile networks (Telecom & Civil)
- Transmission equipment (PDH/SDH)
- WIMAX, WiFi technologies
- VAS (Intervoice …)