Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The jobholder maintains responsible selling of drugs, medical equipment and health care and beauty supplies inside the pharmacy. It can also dispense prescription drugs to customers/patients and provide information about those drugs. It assists customers in understanding prescriptions and medical instructions from doctors/health practitioners.
- Is responsible for the sales and items being sold in the pharmacy
- Reviews medical prescriptions to assure accuracy and suitability of the item being bought by the customer
- Provides information and advice regarding drug intakes, interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication and storage
- Analyzes prescribing trends to monitor product demand and patient(user)-compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Is responsible for ordering, purchasing, stocking/storing and handling of pharmaceutical supplies, drugs and medical supplies in the pharmacy
- Maintains records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, control records, and registries of narcotics and controlled drugs being sold
• Ensure Company policy and procedures for managing date marked stock is implemented and acted upon to minimize losses caused be date expired stock.
- Provides specialized/emergency services to some customers to manage conditions such as diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, or high blood pressure.
- Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment and health-care supplies
- Collaborates and updates self with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications and characteristics
- Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities inside the pharmacy as required by customers/patients
- Offers health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors which are being sold in the pharmacy
- Refers customers/patients to other health professionals and agencies when appropriate
- Prepares sterile solutions and infusions for use in customer' homes or as required by the buying customer/patient
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal and vending
- Adheres to Department Policies and Procedures
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as directed by the head/s of the department
Provide expert customer care :
Demonstrate the 4 key elements in every customer / patient interaction; warm welcome; establish needs; product recommendation and finishing strong
Holding KWT MOH licence to practice Pharmacy Bussiess
Min. 1 yr.experience in the same position.
Accreditation by pharmaceutical councils and knowledge of local cultures and habits are a plus
Bilingual - English/Arabic / Spoken & Written
Functional: (Required Skills / Knowledge)
- General MS Office Knowledge
- Machine / Office Equipment Operating
- First Aid / CPR Orientation
- Health & Hygiene Consciousness
- Safety & Security Standards / Procedure Awareness & Control
- Attention To Detail
- Interactive Communication
- Customer Service Focus
- Impact And Influence
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 1
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
About This Company
The business of our company started in 1918 immediately after the First Word War, flourished after he second Word War right after the oil discovery in Kuwait.
AAW Was developed and recognized later on as one of the major trading companies in the country, with its official registration in the Ministry of Commerce and industry on 20 February 1956.
Since then, our company has experience an impressive growth and has encompassed principal activities in the following segments:
• Consumer Goods
• Pharmaceutical - Wholesale and Retail
• Real Estate
• Home and Office Furniture and Carpets
• Kitchen Appliances
• Premium Home Appliances
• Outdoor Products and Retail
• Sports Apparel and Lifestyle
Procter & Gamble products, and leading brands such as Hoffman La Rosch, Siemens, Basset, Century Furniture, Bosch, Nolte Kitchens, Jansport, Eastpak, The Athlete's Foot, Curves Fitness Center amongst others are all part of our portfolio.
With more than 1,200 employees, we continue to actively engage in developing new areas of expansion while diversifying our range of value products and services.