- Assist the PM and the senior planning & cost control engineer/officer in preparing the project’s baseline schedule including the relevant needed project resources (Human and equipments) - according to internal standards, technical and contractual requirements - in order to optimize the project’s cost (time, resources) and meet the contractual completion date.
- Assist the PM and the senior planning/cost control engineer in preparing the baseline budget (resources and materials) in order to ensure project profitability and prevent unexpected expenses.
- Monitor the implementation of the schedule (including the progress of execution, the subcontractors work, the shop drawings and materials submissions, the initialization and follow-up on procurement activities as well as the provision and use of resources), update the three weeks look ahead schedule in order to identify and promptly escalate delays and schedule deviations.
- Perform cost control activities (quantities, past expenses and delays, present and future commitments and variation orders), prepare the cost breakdown and the cash flow in order to highlight current and potential budget deviations.
- Verify the cost allocation of resources (by reviewing invoices, time-sheets, …) according to the preset rules/codification guidelines, ensure appropriate corrections are done on Butec Information System in order to identify the area of expenses that is affecting the budget and escalate it promptly.
- Follow-up on contractual events (disruptions, variations, Extension of time) and coordinate with the concerned party to evaluate the accurate impact on the contractual planning and the overall budget, and escalate it promptly.
- Make sure that daily reports are well filled on site in order to calculate the productivity of labors and equipments.
- Prepare regular reports in order to highlight the major deviations in terms of planning and cost accurately.
- Participate in the meetings with the client, when necessary, to defend the project’s schedule.
- Takes advantage of on-the-job training opportunities to increase capability and skill level.
- Site experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally.
- Analytical thinking capabilities.
- Primavera skills.
- English and Arabic languages skills - written and spoken.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Engineering; Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Quality Control
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 1 Max: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
BUTEC S.A.L is a private partnership corporation, established in 1964 in Lebanon as a General Contracting Company, operating in Lebanon, Algeria, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Syria and Jordan. BUTEC S.A.L is an EPC contractor with an in-house engineering department and has overall around 4,500 employees aspiring to combine know-how and expertise around essential values of the contracting profession. The major fields of its expertise are: infrastructure and Environmental projects, General Building Constructions, Industrial Facilities, Oil & Gas, Electromechanical Installations, Maintenance and Services. BUTEC S.A.L is certified ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.