Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To provide the EK network with competitive fares and pricing support, which promotes sales and maximises network revenue and yield.
Utilising data from various sources, in constant liaison with the local sales offices:
- Ensure that Area Managers, Local Sales Offices and Revenue Accounting are familiar with Commercial Pricing policies and procedures and price the EK product accordingly.
- Perform comprehensive evaluation and analysis of all online fare proposals received from various Area Managers, EK local sales offices and general sales agents and approve, disapprove or negotiate and recommend appropriate action vis a vis pricing authorization.
- Carry out in-depth analysis of travel agency productivity based, incentive schemes and recommend appropriate action or alternative options to Sales Management, prior to their implementation.
- Evaluate productivity based, corporate agreements based on performance criteria, including anticipated market share, issue approvals or recommendation for appropriate action.
- Proactively develop other competitive and marketable pricing products, such as airpass schemes, added value programmes, "companion" offers, etc., which support revenue/yield objectives and convey the merits and unique selling points of such products to the local sales offices.
- Develop, maintain and distribute to the local sales offices, pricing output in the form of circulars, agreements, website updates, etc. which contain detailed instructions on the application of all pricing plans/programs.
- In collaboration with the local sales offices and Pricing Distribution, investigate and establish optimum distribution strategy for each point of sale using GDS, "Private" GDS facilities, "Online" booking facilities, email, paper distribution etc.
- Using various electronic data sources and input from local sales offices, assess competitor activity, recommend and prepare competitive responses aimed at retaining market share and optimising revenue.
- On an ongoing basis evaluate market trends, forward bookings, competitor behaviour, performance of past initiatives and offer proactive recommendations as to pricing actions aimed at supporting local sales office revenue targets.
- Offer guidance, assistance and coaching in Pricing "best practices" to Pricing Officers and other staff responsible for pricing activity at local sales office level.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Honours Degree
- Advanced courses (IATA preferred) in tariffs, ticketing and proration.
- Sales and marketing courses would be an asset.
- 6 Years + experience in an airline commercial department such as Pricing, Tariffs, Sales or ticketing.
- Working knowledge of procedures for establishing passenger fares and passenger proration methodologies are essential.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Proven proficiency in evaluating numerical data, alongside market intelligence in order to develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and across cultural boundaries.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Airlines/Aviation; Marketing; Sales
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.