The Program Training Officer will work with the Director of Programs (DP) and other QNRF staff in all phases of developing, publicizing, and administering competitions of QNRF funding activities CWSP, DFP, QNRS and other funding activity that may be added. In addition, the Program Training Officer will work with the DP and other QNRF staff, especially Award Administration (AA) and Public Relation (PR) staff, in overseeing the successful implementation and close-out of grants.
• Draft requests-for-proposals to invite investigator-initiated proposals
• Serve as primary point of contact for applicants for procedural and administrative issues, including addressing queries related to the application process and assisting in troubleshooting issues on active projects
• Work closely with IT team to ensure coordination of information system and web-based support for all programmatic activities
• Administer all phases of the proposal cycle until funding Decision.
• Assist in reviewing progress reports where applicable
• Assist in preparing “closeout” reports for all completed programs and projects, describing their accomplishments from QNRF’s perspective
• Collect data to track any subsequent program and project accomplishments, e.g., any publications or patents post-dating completion in order to populate the QNRS.
• Work closely with QFBJ to populate the Q-Science database
• Coordinate materials to be published and archived
Assist in cultivating a network of distinguished researchers and subject matter experts to serve as peer-reviewers, subject to the Deputy Director’s approval
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with prominent researchers, university administrators, award administration staff, public relation staff and IT team responsible for electronic proposal submission and review systems
• Demonstrated ability to understand a broad range of research and educational endeavours.
• English language fluency required, Arabic strongly preferred
• Master degree preferred in training, management, business or a related discipline
• Strong knowledge of funding agency operations of at least 2 years
• Program management preferably has a PMP certificate
7 years relevant work experience demonstrating the above Knowledge and Skills
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Master's degree
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.