Public Relations Manager
The primary focus of this role is to protect and enhance the reputation of the EK Group through interactions with external media and organizations to gain positive publicity in all relevant media channels.
* Plan, manage, and implement a proactive PR strategy that reinforces corporate messages, protects the company reputation and helps achieve key business objectives. This will involve creating a formal corporate reputation management programme for assigned regional areas or EK Group brands, as part of global framework.
* Respond to and relay corporate messaging to media and external organizations in a timely manner. This will involve writing of effective news releases and organising editorial coverage to ensure information about the new developments and achievements of the Emirates Group receive good coverage in the targeted media worldwide.
* Develop, influence and maintain relationships with key media, analysts, industry and government stakeholders to ensure key messages are delivered as designed and planned. Work collaboratively with all other Corporate Communications functions within the regional team to achieve this.
* Manage assignments within scope/time/quality and cost, ensuring speed to market and effective integration with marcomms plans. Prepare and manage journalist familiarization visits, presenting a quality international airline and company so that resulting news features will reflect this experience and maximise return on investment.
* Ensure PR results are planned, researched and measured through scheduled reporting, both for Manager PR and Account Manager. Develop and compile PR research intelligence for assigned region or EK Group brand including trend indexes, ensure this is updated regularly. Includes benchmarking best practice and ensuring that these are incorporated into the practices, policies and approaches for the team.
* In conjunction with the Specialists team (Managers Advertising, PR, Sponsorship) develop and maintain the regional crisis communications plan in collaboration with the EK crisis response team and global PR team, ensuring plan and staff training are kept up-to-date; manage an ongoing speakers bureau program for EK executives; ensure social media is effectively utilized and reflected in regional PR plans and campaigns
* Manage contractual relationships (by monitoring and evaluating performance, providing feedback) with suppliers internally and externally and to cultivate relationships with business units and key stakeholders.
* Provide advocacy and education about PR and best practice among regional/brand Corporate Communications team, and in particular with Account Manager to ensure consistency and alignment to overall corporate communications strategy.
* Drive the need to use management information systems (Empower, Media Plan System, Event Management System) to project manage, track, share and archive all work as needed.
* Manage and coach direct reports, guiding them to improved performance through continuous training and development. To deal with staff issues as they arise offering solutions and support. To ensure that staff undertakes training as identified in their personal and professional development plans.
Experience and Qualifications:
Degree in Journalism or Mass Communications
Post-graduate qualification in PR (preferred) or professional accreditation in public relations
8 + years of relevant communications experience in an international PR agency or in an in-house communications capacity
Excellent knowledge of the internet and understanding of new digital media is also necessary as the company is moving aggressively into this medium.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents. We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.