Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Supervising the Procurement team and providing efficient support to the Procurement Dept.
Key Tasks and Duties:-
• Supporting the Procurement & Contracts Manager in providing day to day activity.
•Managing ZAPIA’s day to day purchasing requirements for equipment, materials.
•Supervising the Purchasing team on the operational day to day purchasing requirements for equipment, materials.
•Interfacing with Procurement & Contracts Manager and ZAPIA Management in managing all commercial issues regarding the resolution of disputes and claims and the issuance of Change Orders
•Providing the necessary “checks and balances” oversight to ensure that all of our Supplier’s supply chain/purchasing activities meet the requirements
• Providing a collaborative and integrated effort with other ZAPIA Leads to ensure that our purchasing and supply chain efforts are comprehensive, seamless and timely
•Reviewing and approval of all Supplier invoices to ensure “work” billed is in accordance with the Purchase Order terms.
• Work with ZAPIA’s Project Controls team to ensure that the Supplier’s reporting of Purchasing and Supply Chain activities, deliverables, and or progress are accurate
• Work with ZAPIA’s Procurement & Contract’s Teams to develop a robust “local” supply chain to build a more sustainable supply chain to meet ZAPIA’s current and future needs.
•Train and mentor Purchasing personnel to build their knowledge and understanding to support ZAPIA’s vision and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience and training. Preferred Masters degree in a related field is desirable.
• Minimum 10-15 years experience in a varied purchasing and management functions.
• Able to co-ordinate in a timely manner with various internal and external parties.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of ERP system preferably Oracle, Maximo or other.
• Strong analytical and statistical knowledge.
•Excellent skills in Data & case analysis, communication, influencing, facilitation, leadership of multi discipline teams, IT applications.
•Fluent in spoken & written English and ideally a second language with the same fluency.
•Excellent communication skills at all levels of business.
•Innovative and a strategic thinker.
- Job Location:
- Al Ain, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Government Sector
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma