The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all orders are processed in a timely manner, monitors the resolution of pricing discrepancies among assigned team, as well as timely completion of purchase order confirmations for their assigned team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
• Apply purchasing protocols and policies in order to service Hospital and patient maintaining a good quality-price ratio.
• Issue quotations and annual bids, study and negotiate as per the Hospital policy.
• Analyze purchasing data and issue reports
• Search for potential suppliers
• Evaluate new products in coordination with the central store and the end users.
• Estimate selling price of special items to be used on patients during surgeries.
• Control these items once billed on patient bills after surgeries and medical procedures.
• Control and sign all supplier invoices.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Good Computer skills
• Languages: Arabic and English are a must, French is an asset
• Has good knowledge in CNSS coding and pricing.
• Proactive in prioritizing needs and effectively managing priorities
• Ability to guide individuals and groups towards desired outcomes
bachelor degree, preferable in business"
- Job Location:
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry:
- Healthcare, other
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
For the past 85 years, the University Medical Center - Rizk Hospital (UMC-RH) has been dedicated to fostering and advancing the health of humankind. The hospital has evolved through its history in becoming more comprehensive with its services, facilities and offerings; continuously developing with the core purpose of humanizing medicine.
Dr. Rizk Clinic, recently known as UMC-RH, was first established by Dr. Toufic Ibrahim Rizk (1892-1983) in 1925 as a private family-owned clinic. His dream however, was to contribute to the medical development of Lebanon by founding a modern private medical center equipped with state-of-the-art medical facilities and employing innovative surgical techniques.
In 1987, despite internal tensions, violence, and the clinic's geographic location on the green-line of demarcation, a second building was constructed and became fully operational (Building
Ten years later, in 1997, an expansion project was implemented with the addition of two new Buildings (C) and (D); increasing the hospital's overall accommodation capacity. These newly established buildings provided a spacious environment, facilitating an effective distribution of services for several different functions and activities within the hospital. During the same year, Rizk Hospital inaugurated a 10,000 square meter underground parking garage, offering access to 350 parking spots. In 2002, a heliport built on the roof of Building D became operational.
On June 30, 2009, The Rizk Family sold the hospital to Medical Care Holding, in which the Lebanese American University (LAU) possesses controlling interests. The hospital was renamed University Medical Center - Rizk Hospital and it now serves as the primary teaching hospital for LAU's schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy.