Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
* Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
* Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
* Assures sanitation compliance.
* Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
* Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
* Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
* Delegates and enforces first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
* Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
* Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
* Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
* Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
* Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
* Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
* Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
* Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
* Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
* Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
* Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
* Ensures all LSOP's are adhered to by all employees.
* Receives and inspects all deliveries.
* Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
* Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Voted platinum winner for best 5 star business hotel in the Middle East and North Africa for 2006 by the Mena Travel Awards. The Doha Marriott is certainly living up to its reputation as the preferred choice for business travelers due to it's convenient location just minutes away from the airport, and business district. Business achievement has never been more rewarding. Be inspired by our stylish yet functional guest rooms, furnished with leading edge technology. Take advantage of our distinctive executive lounge designed solely for you - the discerning business traveler in mind. Awaken your senses in our state of the art fitness center and revitalize your soul in our world class spa.