QA / QC Department Manager
Manages and coordinates the activities of quality control and quality assurance for steel plant operations and production in Company ensuring production output adheres by the standards and expectations of management and customers.
• Coordinate with the production unit, sales and marketing and the COO to set/update the standards with respect to quality parameters and metallurgical process questions.
• Set internal policies and procedures to conduct quality control checks on products as well as production lines.
• Set quality control checks schedules, allocate required resources, and coordinate with the production units to ensure alignment on schedules.
• Set the annual budget and the strategic plan for the Quality Control department.
• Supervises and coordinates trials for cost savings and quality improvements.
• Ensures that all necessary communication, instructions and agreements related to the department and from Management reaches everyone in the shop.
• Follow up, implement & continuously improve quality & other management systems in the company to ensure the systemization of various process & activities.
• Organize, plan & participate external & internal system audits & follow up corrective actions implemented & continual improvement is achieved.
• Recommend & manage the adoption, developing & implementing of various initiatives to improve current systems & introduce new management systems & technical at the company to increase efficiency & achieve the company objectives.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Engineering Degree (Metallurgical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering preferred) or equivalent technical degree.
• Quality & Management Systems Audit Certification is a plus.
• 10+ years’ practical experiences in Quality Assurance & Quality Control in a Steel Plant or similar process industry sector.
• Advanced written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
• Advanced presentation skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Knowledgeable in ERP systems (SAP).
• Expert in quality systems, tools and processes.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Steel Quality Assurance QC Metallurgy Engineering
- Job Location:
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Manufacturing and Production
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Quality Control
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
SOLB STEEL COMPANY is one of the major Billets, Rebars and Wire Rods manufacturer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The major Shareholders are Pan Kingdom Investment Company and Qatar Steel.