AED 35,000 - 40,000 + Benefits
In this position you will be responsible for delivering on the following key accountabilities:
• Lead the regional team effort to deliver on investment attraction activities and outcomes against established targets and KPIs.
• Manage virtual teams responsible for delivering strategies.
• Lead the Investment sector/ regional team’s engagement and collaboration with relevant teams. Negotiate the involvement of all appropriate parties to ensure delivery against investor criteria/requirements and organisational objectives.
• Lead and manage the performance of direct reports through the effective use of management systems and processes that support a results oriented, high performance culture within a corporate environment.
• Identify and lead relevant activities and projects that support industry development and/or the promotion of New Zealand as an investment location. Deliver results against clear, measurable outcomes.
• Act as the champion for relevant investment research projects, including participation during the preparation of the terms of reference, ensuring that appropriate groups are consulted and policy is followed, and by participating on the project team.
• Lead relevant client engagement activity through:
Detailed action and through the delegation of appropriate activities to team members
Managing relationships with potential and aftercare investors in a proactive and professional manner
Qualifying potential investment leads against opportunities
Initiating and managing all other actions necessary to secure successful investments and achieve sign-off from clients, using appropriate documentation
• Provide strategic leadership within the group and with external parties, with the objective of delivering investment attraction activities and outcomes against established targets and KPIs.
• Develop strategic networks to include investors, influencers, associated industry groups, and NZ companies
• Manage key strategic relationships with investment allies and associated industry groups in the private and public sector. This will involve:
Promoting New Zealand as an investment destination as a promotion agency, both onshore and offshore, at industry and other events;
Managing the relationship with counterparts, including coordinating activities with them to provide an integrated solution to clients.
• Prepare an annual business plan and contribute to Investment’s overall strategic business planning activity.
• Manage the budget for the sector/ region with the assistance of the Regional Director. Monitor and report progress and forecasts against the business plan.
• Working collaboratively. This requires the incumbent to be decisive and thought provoking but to also accept collective responsibility for decisions taken
• Promoting the Values and Goals including good employer principles and practices and high standards of integrity, ethics and behaviour in all operations of the business
• Supporting a focus on contributing to the Government’s goals including growing an inclusive innovative economy for the benefit of all; improving New Zealanders’ skills, meeting Treaty of Waitangi obligations and protecting the environment
• Preparing reports and strategy papers for the Lead Team, the Board and Ministers, draft ministerial responses, briefing papers and responses to parliamentary questions, meeting Plain English Standard.
In this position successful delivery will utilise a range of your skills and experience. For this position the client will look for and recruit talented people who can demonstrate they have the following attributes.
• Advanced strategic relationship management and networking skills, with maturity and credibility to deal with individuals at a very senior level
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage a team in an environment of flexible working methodologies.
• An understand of international trends in investment promotion and attracting Foreign Direct Investment
• Sound project management and strategic planning skills, including experience of effectively managing a budget
• Strong commercial acumen, with demonstrated understanding of the business and investment environment in New Zealand
• The ability to:
Convey ideas verbally and in writing, including presentations, using methods that are appropriate to the audience and using high standards of written English
Influence and gain commitment and effectively manage conflict
See the big picture and take a long-term view, whilst maintaining attention to detail
• Proven success in developing strategic and operational plans at a senior level within a commercial/business environment. Ability to integrate those strategies with those of other business units and develop frameworks to clarify processes and procedures
• A relevant tertiary qualification combined with in-depth practical experience in a relevant sector and/or finance/investment experience.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Consulting Services
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Australia; Canada; Great Britain (UK); Ireland; New Zealand; United Kingdom; United States