Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Research Executive – Medical Software Engineering
Execute and project manage one or more of Qatar Robotic Surgery Centre’s innovative technical research and development projects related to Medical Software Engineering; contribute to the publication record and IP portfolio of the Centre; coordinate in-house research activities with activities at national and international partner institutions; manage technology development contributions of students and international research fellows; promote the academic and research profile of the Centre through effective national and international research collaborations
Key Result Areas:
• Execute and project manage one or more of the Centre’s innovative technical research and development projects related to Medical Software Engineering
• Contribute to the publication record and IP portfolio of the Centre and provide academic output and technical development of high standards
• Actively pursue research funding both nationally and internationally
• Coordinate in-house research activities with activities at national and international partner institutions
• Pursue and maintain academic and research excellence in Medical Software Engineering and related fields
• Maximise the academic research profile of the Centre by actively participating and organising international conferences and workshops
• Contribute to the implementation of new research and collaboration strategies in the research, development and training in surgical technologies
• Maintain a close working relationship with the Centre’s national and international research partners
• Manage technology development contributions from students and international research fellows
• PhD with extensive research and development experience and a strong theoretical and applied background in fields related to image processing, image analysis, computer vision, machine learning, pattern recognition, statistical methods, numerical methods, and computer graphics.
• Strong programming skills particularly in C/C++, Matlab, scripting, with expertise in ITK, VTK, OpenGL or Open Inventor and Mac OS environment is preferable.
• Work experience in developing medical imaging applications is highly desirable (segmentation, registration, PACS, etc.).
• Proven track record in research and development in Medical Software Engineering or related areas (as reflected in academic publications, patents and/or hardware/software platforms)
• Ability to: operate at a very high level; attract research funding; work to deadlines; manage and execute high level research projects
• Experience with international research collaborations
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
• The post holder will be based full time in Qatar.
• The ideal candidate should be fluent both in English and Arabic
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.