Restaurant Manager - IHOP - Kuwait
For 53 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of March 31, 2011, there were 1,513 IHOP restaurants in 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Kuwait-based M.H. Alshaya Co., WLL has signed a multi-restaurant franchise agreement with IHOP for the development of 40 new IHOP Restaurants in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt. The agreement marks the first major expansion of the IHOP chain outside of North America and represents the largest international development deal in the brand's history.
Alshaya is now looking for those individuals who are highly motivated, ambitious, and results-oriented that can help in launching IHOP in the Middle East. You are the missing ingredient in our recipe for success.
For more information about the band please visit our website:
The General Manager directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the duties outlined below.
These include the following:
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement the Craft Training program for all restaurant hourly employees to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Execute annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service, and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit as defined by the current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and current operations plan.
- Manage the restaurant floor and focus on regular contact with guests. Maintain the frequency of guest complaints within acceptable limits and handle complaints in a professional and timely manner. Ensure approved comment cards are in use and acted upon.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the assigned unit.
- Recruit, train and retain employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit. Maintain turnover within acceptable limits. Conduct ongoing coaching and administer the restaurant hourly compensation plan. Assure performance appraisals and that merit increases (if applicable) are given as scheduled. Properly document performance problems. Communicate and enforce policies on 1) sexual harassment, 2) discrimination, and 3) diversity. Maintain crew member appearance and uniform standards.
- Ensure food is in compliance with SOP in the areas of specifications, recipes, plating, and garnishes. Ensure food is presented well and served at appropriate temperatures, within standard ticket times.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, and miscellaneous supplies. Set and adhere to pars. Order food on a timely basis. Keep inventory to a minimum with no out-of-stock items.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure, and premises according to federal regulations and SOP. Keep appliances and equipment well maintained. Keep smallwares, glassware, and china adequately stocked. Maintain the interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant.
- Ensure sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state, and local regulations and SOP. Ensure that food is properly stored (labeled, dated, and rotated) and proper temperatures are maintained. Enforce and monitor a deep cleaning schedule. Train employees on proper personal hygiene and food handling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurant employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Certification through assigned IHOP training courses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.