Restaurant Manager - Alforno - UAE
AL FORNO, the new gem in Italian dining offers traditional, authentic and hearty home-style cuisine from across the length and breadth of Italy, from the simple pleasures of fresh home-prepared pastas to pizzas baked using an original wood-burning oven for a most unique flavour.
The Italian countryside ambience of AL FORNO combines original terracotta tiles, inverted basket lampshades, Italian ceramic pottery and a traditional wood fired oven, with a breathtaking view of the water fountain and open skies, through expansive floor-to-ceiling windows. The open kitchen provides an interesting glimpse of the hustle and portrays true Italian spirit.
AL FORNO offers an imaginative menu from the heart of Italy. AL FORNO's Italian-born Executive Chef has drawn on his roots to create classic and authentic dishes. A diverse range of menu selections includes traditional delicacies such as soups, salads, appetizers, risottos and pastas.
AL FORNO blends tradition, balance and simplicity - the key to true Italian cuisine.
An exciting opportunity to join our delicious brand.
As a Restaurant Manager you will be responsible of a multitude of tasks including:
Full operational responsibility for the restaurant
Working closely with the Operations Team and Business Management
Extensive people development, including, training and mentoring
Uphold the brands vision
Extensive Quality and hygiene assurance
To reach and exceed your targets
Love your job
You will ideally have at least 5 years plus experience in a high volume, fast paced restaurant.
You will certainly have experience in managing a high number of hungry and energetic individuals
Excellent communications skills in English
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for all front-of-the-house (FOH) functions on an opening, mid- or closing shift to include guest relations, supervision of all FOH staff and staffing levels, proper restaurant ambience, housekeeping, and set-up, food & beverage quality, safety and pace. The Manager ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner and attends to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise. The Manager is assigned a work group consisting of a FOH department (i.e., Front Desk) and/or a profit/cost center such as Retail or Repair and Maintenance. The Manager is responsible for staffing, scheduling, financial goals and staff development of the assigned work group.
- Sets the standard for service expectations by scrutinizing every aspect of the guest's experience from start to finish. Personally intervenes to correct below standard service issues and positively coaches and counsels staff to achieve the highest quality of service in all areas of the restaurant.
- Supports and works well with all members of the management team. Communicates with team members, GM, and corporate staff using "four way" communication.
- Demonstrates and extends same "caring for the needs of the guests" attitude with staff. Demonstrates skill and care when selecting, orienting, training, coaching, appraising and terminating of staff. Works with GM, team members and HR on disciplinary matters and issues. Cross trains and develops staff to provide opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Using learned recovery techniques, successfully resolves guest problems to ensure the guest's happiness . Documents unresolved situations for corporate intervention.
- Takes responsibility for growth and development by setting goals and seeking out knowledge without direction.
- Maintains good energy and positive image to guests and staff during the shift.
- Job Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.