Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Retail Sales Representative - Furniture (X33) | Ikea | Doha Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
To establish rapport and credibility so as to be able to assist customers in purchasing the company's product range whilst at the same time maintaining the company's standard in terms of merchandising and stock availability so as to reach sales target as set out by the company.
- Promote the sales of products by spotting and seizing sales opportunities, offering alternatives solutions to problems and suggesting add on sales in order to achieve the established sales target.
- Suggest means of sale improvement to his supervisor as well as determining "slow moving" or "non-selling" items and suggesting sales action.
- Maintain a fully display of products via merchandising methods as laid down by the company.
- Remain aware of developments in the local market by being attentive, to information given by customers, to advertising and promotions in the media and also by making scheduled market visits so as to be able to maintain the company's competitive advantage and to properly advise customers.
- Keep an update on changes in the company's products range such as new items or changes in existing items as well as informing the Sales Manager of any customer's problems/comments on the product range or gaps in the range.
- Conduct a daily detailed inspection of his assigned area so as to review the availability and positioning of price labels, product information tags and other communication media.
- Review daily stock level on all products in his assigned area and recommends orders to the Shopkeeper.
- Coordinates with Procurement Executive for information pertaining to stocks in his assigned area.
- Meet the needs of customers by being understanding and sensitive to diverse customers, by initiating and developing effective working relationships with the customer and by establishing trust and confidence with the customers.
- Determine the customers' requirements, to prepare a proforma invoice.
- Maintain contact and advising customers on news or recently received items of customer's interest or which have been reserved as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual s
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.