A Retail Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the retail Division, including customer service, productivity, profitability, training and development of staff, and control of expenses and shortages. Retail Manager is accountable for using all available resources such as time, materials, and personnel to meet store objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Set-up new stores including planning store layout and product displays within the parameters of the approved standard floor plan to ensure proper store image.
2. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget, including forecast of sales and operation expenses per branch, expected profit and growth.
3. Delegate responsibilities between his staff.
4. Recommend new product mix, merchandising requirements, promotional strategies based on competitors' activities and other industry sources.
5. Prepare, implement and maintain merchandising plan, inventory turnover, return on investment and sales per square meter.
6. Provide feedbacks to the Management on each store’s performance in terms of profitability, potential growth, and recommend appropriate actions depending on findings.
7. Responsible for overall management of retail activities for all company-owned stores.
8. Work with the marketing / advertising department to prepare, implement and supervise advertising and promotional programs to improve sales performance of each store.
9. Train store personnel on brand positioning, inventory control system, sales merchandising, customer relations, brand guidelines, product USP’s, competitions weaknesses and strengths.
10. Assist top management in planning and implementing new branch locations or relocations.
11. Collaborate with the HR team on designing the store performance evaluation system, to enhance staff retention, and link performance to an objective intensive scheme.
12. Conduct sales analysis to determine customer’s demands, correct product mix and other factors that will help maximize sales.
13. Effectively supervise inventory.
14. Should be able to travel within UAE to the different Retail outlets and have a valid UAE license.
15. Performs any other duties as assigned by top management.
• The Retail Manager should be pro-active, result-oriented, team player with a pleasant personality, and able to handle the daily work independently.
• Books / Education Retail background is preferred.
• Bi-lingual candidates are preferred. Arabic competency is an advantage but not requirement.
• Achievement oriented.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is an absolute MUST.
University degree in relevant discipline - preferably in Business Management
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $1,000 - $1,500
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 7
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Algeria; Australia; Bahrain; Belgium; Canada; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; France; Germany; Great Britain (UK); India; Iraq; Ireland; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Netherlands; New Zealand; Oman; Palestine; Philippines; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Spain; Sudan; Sweden; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; United States; Yemen
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma