Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
1. BASIS FUNCTION
Performs a variety of mechanical craft jobs including complex jobs, in shop/field required in installation, maintenance & repair of rotating equipment & auxiliaries such as pumps, compressors, turbines, blowers, fin-fans, mixers, gas engines, etc. a variety of testing equipment & measurement tools.
2. WORK PERFORMED
1. Receives assignments from the immediate supervisor, obtains materials from warehouse or shops. Prepares work site, receives work permit and secures safety conditions prior to work.
2. Performs a variety of jobs including shop/field installation, maintenance & repair of rotating equipment & auxiliaries such as pumps, compressors, turbines, blowers, fin-fans, mixers, gas engines etc.
3. Installs rotating equipment including those requiring non-standard installation procedures. Makes necessary alignment/adjustment to ensure correct operation.
4. Removes & dismantles equipment with maintenance problems; cleans & lubricate; repairs/replaces faulty components; reassembles units and checks for efficient operation. Performs preventive & breakdown maintenance jobs.
5. Uses a variety of testing equipment to diagnose trouble in proper sequence. Also, uses tools such as hydraulic press, pullers, electric drills, grinders, heating torch as well as precision tools such as micrometer, caliper gauges & dial gauges for test-checking or repair work.
6. Performs/ensures maintenance work in accordance with instructions, drawings and codes of practice. Reports any abnormal condition of equipment under repair/overhaul to his supervisor.
7. Performs all compressor valve & seal lapping jobs using lapping machines & other test equipment.
8. Implements/practices good housekeeping, performs job site clean-up duties, as required, and complies with establishment fire and safety regulations.
9. Assumes full responsibility for the role as envisaged by Safety, Health and Environment Management System (SHEMS), as per the attachment.
10. Performs any related duties as assigned.
1. Twelve (12) years of schooling followed by formal apprenticeship training in Machinery work.
2. Minimum Eight (8) years of hands on experience in overhauling and maintenance of Rotating Equipment Such as:
• Single stage overhung centrifugal pumps.
• Multi stage centrifugal pumps horizontal and vertical.
• Centrifugal compressors and reciprocating compressors.
• General purpose and special purpose steam turbine.
• Repair of Mechanical Seals.
3. Maintenance skills on safety/ relief valves.
4. Skills in the use of hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments
5. Ability to read, write and speak in English.
6. Capable of group communications, oral/written.
- Job Location:
- Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in 1970, IMCO is currently ISO 9001:2000 certified, & with over 30 million man-hour of experience spent by our qualified personnel in serving a wide range of industries. The company has become & is well known as a pioneer in the rapidly growing industrial electrical & instrumentation fields in the State of Kuwait as well as the region. Our field of specialty covers the following areas:
5.Plant Technical Services.
6.Products & Services Sales.
This professional specialty is dedicated to various industries such as:
1. Oil & Gas Production.
2. Pipeline, Storage & Export Facilities.
3. Oil Refineries.
4. Gas Liquid Plants.
5. Petrochemical Plants.
6. Power Generation Plants.
7. Desalination Plants.
8. Telemetry Systems.
9. Power Transmission and Distribution Networks, Waste Water Treatment Plants.
10. Pumping Stations.
Over the last 35 years, the reputation of IMCO has been proudly built upon a distinguished record of quality, safe and timely project completion covering a wide range of industries.