Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Safety engineer will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of safety programs to ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and ensure safe working conditions for all employees and residents. Position will plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles, to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions and improve overall safety record of the university. This position will be expected to implement best practices regarding safety standards.
Role and Responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all applicable safety standards by SASO.
* Conduct accident investigations, root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions.
* Provide hazard prevention programs and procedures.
* Respond and provide assistance in an emergency situation.
* Participate in developing an evacuation plan
* Identify safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
* Report to administration in complete, accuracy, and timely manner.
* Maintain & update safety procedures and safety posters.
* Inspect facilities to identify and correct potential hazards.
* Implement engineering controls to minimize safety hazards.
* Advise the use of the appropriate personal protective equipment and first aid supplies.
* Administer and maintain Material Safety Data Sheet Program and related activities.
* Pursue instructions from the Chairman of Health, Safety and Security Committee.
* BS/MS Degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline.
* Preferably experience in educational institutions, chemical hazards, First-Aid and CPR.
* Ability to effectively deal with all levels of the administration, consultants, and contractors.
* Demonstrate problem solving and analytic skills.
* Strong initiative, promptness, excellent communication skills, and independence.
MS / BS Degree in Safety Engineering or related discipline
- Job Location:
- Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
About This Company
KFUPM is a leading Educational Organization for Science and Technology.