To provide a comprehensive counseling program for all O.I.S Students in schools. Consult with teachers, parents and staff to enhance their effectiveness in helping students. Provide support to other educational programs.
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Implement the schools guidance curriculum;
2. Guide individuals and groups of students through the development of educational, personal, social and career plans;
3. Counsel individuals and small groups of children toward social and emotional growth;
4. Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding children’s needs;
5. Refer Students with problems and their parents to special programs, specialists and outside agencies;
6. Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counseling program and school;
7. Participate in and facilitate the intervention team process;
8. Plan and evaluate the counseling program;
9. Pursue continuous professional growth.
Illustrative Key duties:
1. Implement the School guidance curriculum: conduct classroom guidance activities in each teacher’s class and/or systematically conduct developmental counseling groups for each grade level throughout the year’ consult with and/or provide resources to teachers to facilitate their instruction of counseling content and to infuse counseling content in the regular educational curriculum.
2. Guide individuals and groups of students through the development of life skills: work with students in acquiring knowledge about and effective use of skills when interacting in the home, academic and peer environments.
3. Counsel individuals and small groups of children toward social and emotional growth: conduct structured, goal-oriented counseling sessions in systematic response to identified needs of individual or groups of Students. Topics may include academic failure, family issues, attendance and/or behavior problems, and peer problems. Serve as student advocate and avoid role of disciplinarian.
4. Consult with and train teachers, parents and staff regarding children’s needs: participate in staffing; conduct in service programs for faculty; act as a resource person for faculty, staff and parents; conduct conferences with teachers and/or parents; conduct or provide opportunities for parent education program; write articles for parent newsletters, assist families with school-related problems.
5. Refer children with problems and their parents to special programs, specialists and outside agencies: consult and coordinate with in-district and community-based specialists, such as school administrators, nurses, school psychologists, and physicians.
6. Participate in activities that contribute to the effective operation of the school: contribute to the school district and individual building goals for enhancing education; conduct in-service training, act as an advocate for groups or individual students as system decisions are made.
7. Participate in and facilitate the intervention team process: assume an active role in designing, implementing, monitoring, and adjusting educational plans for individual students.
8. Plan and evaluate the counseling program: Create and review the counseling program annually with staff and administration; establish the counseling department master calendar; evaluate learning activities as they are implemented; complete an annual counseling program evaluation.
9. Pursue continuous professional growth: attend staff development offerings; join associations; read professional journals and contribute to professional literature; attend relevant workshops and conferences sponsored by professional organizations; take post-graduate courses; conduct training for staff and other counselors.
An school counselor is supervised by the representative of the school.
*Minimum of five - year experience in the same field is a must
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location: