To assist in the organization, coordination, and operational procedures of the school health rooms, maintain student health records, provide limited direct health care to students and perform clerical duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
1. Provide for basic emergency health care needs of students and immediate care in case of injury or sudden illness in accordance with Academy policies and procedures.
2. Prepare and maintain student health records (i.e., immunizations), and assure Academy compliance with country standards for health services.
3.Provide emotional support to students, communicate with Administration and parents regarding ill or injure students, in some circumstances assess critical medical or health emergencies and initiate appropriate response.
4. Maintain student health records which include a daily log of all students.
5. Per policy, dispense and administer medication and immunizations, temperatures, pulse rates, weight and height measurements.
6. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student and staff information.
7. Order health room supplies and maintain an inventory of medical supplies.
8. Accompany a sick or injured child to his or her home or hospital as assigned
9. Maintain head lice records and assist with classroom head checks, provide parent training for head lice program.
10. Participate in in-service programs as assigned.
11. Act as a friendly ambassador for the Qatar Foundation Community School.
12. Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem to be appropriate to Academy or Administration.
13. Maintains satisfactory attendance, as defined in District policy and regulations).
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
1. 21 years of age or older
2. Ability to work in harmony with, and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students, parents, and teachers
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality
5. A bility to work with accuracy and attention to detail and meet deadlines
6. Ability to post data rapidly and make accurate mathematical calculations
7. Ability to work calmly in stressful situations
8. Ability to recognize, listen and respond to sensitive situations with students, parents, and staff
9. Ability to respond in an empathetic manner in interactions with students, parents, and staff
10. Familiar with school district policies and procedures in relation to first aid care and ability to interpret these to the students and parents
11. Ability to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, intercom, calculator, copier, fax, etc.)
12. Ability to perform secretarial and administrative support functions requiring independent judgement, decision-making and problem solving
13. Ability to maintain an efficient filing system
14. Such alternative to the above requirements as the Academy or the Administration may deem appropriate and acceptable
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.