Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Buyer - Milano - Kuwait
Milano, is the leading retailer of fashionable mens and ladies footwear and accessories in the Middle East.
We have a passion for Footwear. Our styles cover all wardrobe needs, from work to casual wear, from smart dressy occasions to sporting influences. Whatever the occasion, Milano has the right shoe for you.
Our range displays an energetic enjoyment of life and a statement of confident style.
Milano - a great company with a great big attitude to fashion and style.
Responsible for managing the buying function of the brand effectively to meet growth objectives, whilst at the same time ensuring procurement of products to match Milano brand position and profile, formulate highest quality of offers to maximise sales and profit as set out in the Business Plan.
Deliver the Business Plan.
* Maximise delivery of sales and profit in line with growth strategy for the category.
* Develop, challenge and train the team to deliver the Business Plan.
To create, maintain and communicate local market Intelligence, country learning's and Insights.
* Ensure the collation of appropriate market data covering product and market intelligence.
* Identify trends and new business opportunities and apply this in line with customers expectations.
To work with planning and marketing teams to deliver promotional program
* Work with marketing to create an annual category marketing plan and strategy for key brands.
* Recommend a profitable offer programme for products within the category.
To manage new product development and sourcing with Business Merchandise Manager and Business Director
* Identify and implement new product and direct sourcing channels that will increase competitiveness and differentiation.
To develop and manage pricing strategy
* Work with planning team to ensure implementation of the pricing strategy and synonymous with the brand profile.
Range & Category Management
* Ensure effective management of inventory.
* Be the key source of product knowledge and information.
* Plan and project manage new product launches in conjunction with planning operations and marketing teams.
* Identify key suppliers and develop a mutually beneficial business relationship.
* Conduct and develop Supplier Review and Strategy.
To manage the Supply/Category Interface
* Work in partnership with the Supply Chain and planning teams to deliver the best Supply Chain processes and services, and meet the agreed key performance indicators for stock holdings, aging stock, stock turn and GMROI and weeks cover.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.