Plant Information System Senior Engineering Expert
To ensure the IRIS (Integrated Refinery Information System) integrity, accuracy and reliability in order to allow Management to monitor real-time data for the critical information of the plants’ operations to facilitate & support decision making.
1. Keep updated with the latest technology by conducting research, communicating with other Industry Specialists and participating in forums to identify and customize industry best practices and revise YASREF’s standards as needed.
2. Conduct plant visits as needed to discuss IRIS relevant operational issues and potential enhancements with respective OME teams and management.
3. Review, approve and consult with others on IRIS related issues/solutions to ensure that proposed modifications fulfill YASREF requirements and enable the achievement of YASREF business priorities (HSE, reliability and continuous improvement).
4. Endorse scope of work and vendors’ proposals for IRIS enhancements.
5. Coach and consult with other IRIS Engineers in the preparation of recommendations/actions to address IRIS problems. Ensure that the generated recommendations are practical, efficient and cost effective.
6. Review and endorse cost effective and practical recommendations to enhance data collection, entry and presentation.
7. Validate and endorse preventive measures to enhance system reliability.
8. Direct, coach and support IRIS Engineers to incorporate valid and effective proposals in the system.
9. Ensure the proper engagement, coordination and interface with Process Control Engineers, OME’s and other impacted parties during system upgrade/enhancements.
10. Attend Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)/Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and supervise IRIS installation & configuration to ensure that system and design is meeting specifications.
11. Review all on-going project progress and provide recommendations to meet or beat project schedules and cost.
12. Review and endorse changes proposed to IRIS standards and manuals.
13. Lead the identification, planning and implementation of work process improvements to eliminate/reduce resources waste (i.e. cycle time, energy, cost) and enhance productivity.
14. Fully comprehend and adhere to relevant safety and environmental policies and procedures.
15. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the direct Supervisor.
- Job Location:
- Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- US$9,000 - $10,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10 Max: 20
- Residence Location: