Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Home Delivery (X2) | Ikea | Doha Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
The Senior Home Delivery is responsible for the management, and administration of all tasks that been assigned by the Home Delivery Manager in order to ensure flexibility in the department and meet customer expectation regarding the process of delivering the products and assembling them in short period.
- Assisting the Home Delivery Manager in controlling and managing the execution of pre-determined tasks within the home delivery department.
- Ensuring that the stocks available in the warehouse are sufficient to meet the delivery and assembly requirements.
- Preparing appropriate plans and schedules in order to meet Deliver and Assembly needs.
- Assisting the home delivery manager in preparing the annual budget for delivery/ assembly needs and goods flow based on the projected annual sales targets provided.
- Maintaining the KPI reports and preparing an action plan for those areas of concerns.
- Preparing the daily delivery and assembly schedule based on the previous day's sales and backlog.
People Management and Development
- Motivating the home delivery staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the home delivery team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the HD department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings.
- Support the home delivery manager in managing the team by participating with their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews.
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system.
- Monitor attendance of the home delivery co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.