Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Main Function / Purpose:
Provide sound legal counsel which will facilitate management decision making, Assess legal risk, draft and negotiate various types of contracts to protect the interests of the company against legal exposure and liability.
Review and assess legal disputes facing the organization and provide a legal opinion to guide management decisions.
Act as Company Secretary and organize the Audit Committee Meetings and Board of Directors Meeting. Draft minutes of meeting and ensure that such minutes are properly safeguarded for any future reference.
* Assess the risk of entering into contracts in order to ensure that the company is not exposed to uncontrolled risk
* Negotiate various types of contracts with a view to provide legal advice in order to finalise contracts and protect the interests of the company
Ensure that the rights of the company vis-à-vis third parties are adequately protected and initiate litigation or court processes through law firms and liaise with them in order to mitigate the risks and protect the interests of the company
* Negotiate when necessary out of court settlements satisfactory to both parties "
* Draft, review, and negotiate various contracts related to the business of Company and its subsidiaries with a view to preventing legal exposure and evaluation of risk
Counsel management on the interpretation and application of contractual provisions to implement legal contracts
* Mediate with parties to seek an amicable settlement of disputes
* Manage litigation cases, outsourced through law firms, that may arise due to any misunderstanding with various parties and customers"
* Provide advice on legal matters to protect the company’s interest by compliance with all applicable statutes, rules and regulations and minimise liability
* Draft legal opinion where legal clarification is required by management to facilitate decision making "
* Recommend the appointment of external law firms, when needed, and provide adequate instructions to assist in conducting the legal affairs of the company; follow up the delivery of services requested
* Assess the quality of deliverables of external legal services to ensure the company is getting the best value for the fees paid
* Draft Joint venture agreements, MOU’s and other legal
documents as required to conduct the activities of the company
* Review compliance with new relevant laws and regulations released by the Government in order to ensure compliance
Provide input if required to the competent government authorities involved in passing Real Estate laws in Dubai
* Conduct legal due diligence and draft due diligence reports when acquiring new companies or assets in order to advise the organization whether to go ahead with the transaction
* Provide legal advice on the protection of Intellectual property of the Company e.g. Trade marks, Trade names, logos, systems etc. to ensure that all the Intellectual Property rights are adequately protected against infringement
* Provide legal advice on the application of employment laws when requested by the HR department to resolve such cases
* Schedule meetings of the Audit Committee and Board of Directors on a quarterly basis or whenever required by the Chairman or CEO.
* Set the agenda of the meetings and ensure its dispatch to the Directors on a timely basis.
* Draft minutes of meeting and circulate it to the Directors for their review.
* Ensure proper filing of minutes of meeting.
Bachelor / Master’s degree in Law preferably in corporate and commercial law from a recognized University Knowledge of local laws and regulations and the business environment
At least 8 years in legal experience in a commercial environment, preferably at least 4 years in the Real Estate industry
Communication skills in English and Arabic, Analytical skills, negotiation skills, problem solving skills, management skills, decision making
Attention to detail, Commercial acumen, pragmatic approach, solution oriented, interpersonal skills.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Government Sector
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma