Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Manager - Motor Underwriting | Orient Insurance
About the business:
Orient is an Al-Futtaim company, considered a leader in the regional insurance market with representation in the UAE, Oman, Egypt, Syria and Sri Lanka, and the only company in the Middle East that carries a combined ratings "A Excellent" from A.M. Best and "A" (strong) from Standard and Poor's.
Orient is also accredited with ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification. The company believes in a well structured transparent corporate culture, highly professional standards and intergrity, clear strategy and employee empowement.
About the job:
Efficient management of the Motor Underwriting Department including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
* Underwriting - Management of the Motor Underwriting Department to ensure sustainability and growth in the portfolio (consisting of both fleets and individuals) through prudent risk assessment and underwriting measures. Periodical review of premium rates and the underwriting guidelines in the light of the prevailing market conditions as well as performance of the Portfolio to ensure continuous enhancement of the Department's profitability.
* Management and Development of Staff - Motivate, train and develop the assigned staff in order to optimize their performance and ensure achievement of the specific objectives in an efficient manner with a high degree of professionalism.
* Documentation and Records - Ensure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of certificates, policies and endorsements in compliance with the prescribed policies and guidelines of the company in order to serve customers efficiently.
* Management Reports - Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely submission of Management reports in order to provide the operational data for Management information and facilitate decision making.
* Customer Complaints - Attend to customer complaints and ensure fair solutions within the company guidelines.
To be successful in winning this role, you must have the following skills and experiences:
* Holding a relevant university degree and general insurance qualification
* Must have 10 years of work experience, at least 4 years of which is in a Senior Managerial position handling Motor Insurance preferably Underwriting both individual anf fleet.
* Excellent managerial skills and sound technical knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic language will be an added asset.
* We prefer candidates having work experience in GCC countries.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.