Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Merchandiser - Claire's - Kuwait
Claire's has long been the leader in the fashion accessory and costume jewelry business and continues to meet the demand of our targeted customer (Tweens and teens age 7-14) by exploring and introducing up-and-coming merchandise.
Claire's is considered the source teens look to for "what's hot" in the fashion accessories world. According to a leading teen magazine survey, Claire's is the number one store on teen's shopping list for accessories.
Claire's also operates in North America, the U. K., Ireland, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Japan, the total store count being 3,113.
Senior Merchandiser is responsible for planning the stock intake requirements with the host partner to meet the budgeted sales. A Senior Merchandiser is accountable for achieving his planned gross sales margins and/or net profit on sales in line with overall business expectations.
- Manage Business planning & ongoing planning of merchandise & forecasting of sales, subsequently accountable for sales / margin measurement.
- Decide product procurement through host brand range reviews or direct negotiation, including in season buys.
- Assess store execution of merchandising plans, recommend optimum space management options based on store trends / category sales performance.
- Recommend retail pricing levels, decide sale lines & mark down percentage strategy.
- Develop relationships with internal/ external contacts, and assess appropriate & critical information.
- Coach & monitor performance of merchandise team within brand.
- Identify /plan promotional events, & deliver in consultation with Operations & VM`s.
- Pro-actively utilize available software/ systems & identify improvements / requirements for further action.
- Manage / maintain stock file accuracy with a focus on auditable elements.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.