Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior QA & QC Engineer
Senior QA & QC Engineer reports to Head Project Planning & Contracts Management and provide management advice and monitoring of Quality activities for the P&D Team.
The position is responsible to ensure that projects executed meet the Quality criteria and requirements during Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC phases.
Ensures close co-ordination with End-Users for Quality issues throughout execution of P&D projects up to the stage of Final Acceptance and manages, leads and controls all Quality activities of projects from initial stage to completion.
The major challenge is to ensure completion of projects while meeting contractual specification and Quality requirements without negative impact on project schedules or budgets.
Development and implementation of the Contract Management System, identifying key processes and ensuring these are documented and implemented in line with contract requirements.
Key Result Areas:
• To lead and co-ordinate Quality-related activities on projects during various phases.
• To line with International Standards and QF policies and Procedures; assists Project Management Teams to develop their QA/QC.
• To perform Quality Management evaluation of Contractors and Vendors by assessment, visits or bid evaluation.
• Participate in the development of scope of work of all Projects activities ensuring that latest approved technologies are applied and compliance with applicable Quality and Integrity standards.
• Develop and manage emergency plans and procedures to cover the various stages of the Project.
• To supervise and approve the development of Contractor and Consultant Project Quality Planning, ensuring that project systems and related procedures preventively address the Assurance of Quality in Design, Procurement and Construction.
• To review and evaluate Contractors document control systems and design the additional elements required by QF and ensure their implementation throughout the project with other discipline engineers.
• To lead and co-ordinate the development and application of Criticality Assessment criteria and Project Quality Programmes.
• To ensure that the approved Quality systems and Plans are fully implemented and effective by regular surveillance, participating in Contractor audits and performing individual system compliance audits.
• Prepare project related reports and presentations as required and produce performance measurement tools to monitor contractors and project performance.
• To take part in specification reviews, material requisition reviews and execution procedure reviews to ensure all QA and QC requirements are addressed.
• To initiate and supervise independent third party testing at Project sites to ensure compliance with Project specifications.
• To supervise and participates in construction surveillance at site locations, advising management and recommending actions to resolve areas of concern.
• To advise on establishment of Punch List System, reviews Mechanical Completion Submissions to ensure that all QC and inspection requirements have been met.
• To provide technical assistance and advice to Project Team on inspection levels, materials testing Certification and Handover Documentation.
• Attends and participates in Projects related meetings and accidents investigation when required.
• Ensures administrative support to the division including divisional training needs, updating of execution procedures, and update of Intranet Portal. Prepares all Divisional Summary reports including monthly reports, contribution to business plans, and contract major activity close out reports.
• The incumbent must be between 30 to 45 years of age, with a total 10 years (of which 5 years in a supervisory position) experience in an Oil/Gas facility or educational institution or similar industry, with exposure to Facilities Management.
• Have a recognised current Internal Quality auditor qualification
• Experienced in the documentation and implementation of management systems to recognised standards (ISO-9001)/OSHAS within the Oil and Gas Industry or educational institution.
• Good spoken and written English is a must. The candidate must be very familiar with the use of Computer and MS Office package & emails.
• Good team working skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-starter, capable of working under own initiative.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Quality Control
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.