Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Sales Engineer ( X 2 ) - Muscat | Air Conditioning
About the Business:
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, Aftron, Hamilton Jet, YMI(Yamaha Music Instruments), and ADNOC.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to recruit two Senior Sales Engineers for our Air Conditioning division to work in the OMASCO offices in Muscat.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Generating enquiries and convert in to deals
- Designing and estimating for projects
- Growing revenue from each client and building a balanced portfolio of clients across industries and geographies to de-risk revenue growth
- Identifying and developing new markets and client opportunities
- Tracking competitors and their strategies and building on the Company's market share in each product
- Maximising revenue per client, deal size and revenue
To be considered for this role you must have:
- 3-5 years experience as a Sales Engineer of Air Conditioning for major projects in Oman /GCC
- A degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- A post graduate degree in Marketing/Business Administration is a bonus
- Technical knowledge on HVAC
- Experienced in proposal drafting
- Conversant with competition analysis and benchmarking
- Familiar with assessment of barriers to entry
- Experienced in data and trend Analysis
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Sales; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.