Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Sales Representative (Shopkeeper) - Self Serve | Ikea | Doha Festival City
About the Business:
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow At IKEA "creating a better everyday life for the many" isn't only our vision, it's our way of life
- Prepare Self Serve furniture area by making sure that is staffed during opening hours so that customers in need of help to find the products they are looking for can find their products.
- Make sure all products are displayed according to the IKEA merchandising basics.
- Keep all sales spaces in the Self Serve furniture area clean, full and priced.
- To make sure that operational costs related to your area of responsibility are in line with the budget set by the furniture sales manager (especially the staff costs and transaction type costs).
- Work closely together with all Showroom shopkeepers in the Furniture function to phase in and out products continuously during each year.
- Secure that the Activity areas of the Self Serve furniture area follow the theme in the Commercial Calendar so the store is experienced as a vital retailer.
- Proactively try to find and correct all causes of damages to goods to protect the gross margin and profit of the store. Especially how the sales spaces are dimensioned, what products that are put next to each other, what communication that is put on the rack labels.
People Management and Development
- Recruiting and training co workers to deliver a good meeting with the customer in the Self Serve furniture area and to provide the stores customers with accurate information regarding product availability, when products that are out of stock will be available again.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Higher Graduate
- 3-5 years retail experience
- Good written and verbal English
- PC literate
- Communication Skills
- Working with furniture sales requires the ability to lift heavy products so a good and strong physique is also necessary.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Leadership Skills
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.