• Reviews and gives approvals to all re-designed structures initiated by contractor or due to field requirements.
• Implements all modifications on drawings as required by Client and contractor. As well as filed conditions in full co-ordination with Structural Design Engineer.
• Inspects site for mechanical, electrical and plumbing works and air-conditioning systems carried out as per contract drawings and documents. Advises the Project Manager accordingly of any discrepancies.
• Conducts site visits to advise Project Managers of any field issues and attends any co-ordination meetings required.
• Conducts site inspections to ascertain standards of safety and structural quality are being met.
• Maintains job records, text reports and similar documentation.
• Liaises with all contractors on site, guides and instructs the site personnel to ensure high quality of installation as necessary
• Attends to any other structural-related work activities/issues at sites.
Generic Competencies required / desired for the role:
• Planning and Organizing
• Technical Knowledge
• Problem Solving & Decision Making
• Results Orientation
• Relationship Management
Bachelor's Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering"
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Engineering; Architecture; Consulting Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 15
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Arab Engineering Bureau was first established in 1966, as the first Engineering office in Qatar and its activities were primarily architectural design and supervision. Over some 40 years, AEB has evolved into what can truly be recognized as a state-of-the-art multi-disciplinary international consultancy with projects spanning all sectors not only in Qatar but also Abu Dhabi, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan.
1991 was a milestone in the history of AEB when it was acquired by the award winning architect, Mr. Ibrahim Mohd. Jaidah. Under his guidance, a new philosophy with the aim of providing quality output at the highest standards using the state-of-the-art technologies has been adopted. This new approach has resulted in the development of an unique architectural methodology, which reflects the present development of the country and where appropriate, preserves and expresses the traditional Qatar architecture. With this as the cornerstone, AEB has transformed from a small-scale business into a full-fledged design consultancy, keenly following the pulse of the consultancy climate of Qatar and the Gulf Region.
Today, AEB has a staff strength nearing 300 from 20 countries and its activities covering the whole spectrum of architectural and associated disciplines. With more than 1,000 projects undertaken in Qatar and throughout the Middle East, AEB is well on the way to becoming a major player in the world of architectural consultancy.
The following services are offered by an experienced and international team of architects and engineers at AEB:
Quantity Surveying Conceptual design and design development
Production of drawings and detailed drawings preparation
Specification and tender documentation
Promotional materials and graphics
Urban design, planning and landscaping