Senior Apparel Buyer for Fashion
To plan, project and identify the requirements for the purchasing of apparels, fabrics and other products related with fashion industry, negotiate with suppliers quantities at optimum costs, meets customer needs, maximizing profits and providing a commercially viable range of products. Highly motivated and will have a good eye for great products,understand new upcoming trends and season change. Flair in communication with influencing skills and high level of commerciality. The applicant must also be highly analytical and must be highly responsible towards his area of function. A candidate must have a fashion design background and with a solid buying experience.
• Plan, set and monitor the OTB budgets
• Plan and select the range, category, quality and quantity of merchandise according to customer demand, trends, store policies and set prices and sell through targets in conjunction with the Senior Merchandiser ensuring they are in line with the budget
• Placing seasonal orders to keep in line with the brand purchase plans.
• Analyze market trends, consumer preferences, sell through, seasonal demands etc. to formulate a buying practice in line with consumer /store demands.
• Maintain profitable relationships with existing suppliers and monitor the adherence to the contract terms.
• Negotiate on product pricing, payment terms, cost of freight, provision of training, and the extent of their involvement in advertising and promotions, to decide on placing a purchase order with the supplier for the concerned product.
• Support the promotional activities in the store and ensure the merchandise is available in time and in right quantities. Receive and analyze reports on the activities and provide recommendations to the Buying Director when required.
• Attend buying trips.
• Manage the product and quality training of staff in the area to ensure that the product knowledge is up to date and that all staff are knowledgeable on new products/trends. Prepare regular trends training in collaboration with the Brand Manager.
• Review and analyze performances of products/categories and provide recommendations to Buying Director as to buying strategy for a respective brand/collection.
• Maintain accurate records and prepare periodic reports analyzing the sale turnover and consumer trends per product to arrive at a decision to maintain/liquidate/dispose off the stocks and/or continue/discontinue product lines.
• Working in collaboration with the Merchandise planners to ensure that accurate buying is obtained resulting in minimal markdowns and higher sell thru.
• Achievement Drive
• Conceptual Thinking
• Building Relationships
• Taking Ownership
• Team Working
• Successful negotiations with suppliers
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in fashion world mid to high range brands of retail clothing
• A deep understanding of the market and trends in the corresponding area of expertise
• Experience at a senior manager leveland is skilled in successfully working in a high performing team and category in a changing environment
• Up to date understanding of design process, fabrics and key methods of retail and fashion
• Knowledge of budget allocation in line with the range plan
• Able to deliver strong margins, even on minimum quantities
• Strong supplier sourcing abilities for all major product categories and good negotiation skills
• Analyzing sales and recommending new season strategies
• University Degree in any discipline followed by qualification in Retailing or Retail Management/ Purchase/ Sales or related programs.
• Proven track record in the field of Purchasing & Retailing.
• Flare for fashion
• Good knowledge and experience in the (related) industry through work experience with international principals.
• Excellent Analytical and planning skills, financial, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient English. Keen to travel & develop network of professional & business relationships.
• Buying experience and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 5-8 years.
FT degree is desired.
- Job Location:
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bahrain; India; Kuwait; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom
- Certification / diploma
About This Company
Based upon a long history of success in Fashion retailing (since 1973), combined with clear understanding of the unique culture and requirements of the modern Middle-Eastern clients and supported by strong management ; Armada Retail Concept – Kuwait has commenced its plan to become a leader in the retail industry in the Middle-East Market.