Senior Blasting & Earthworks Engineer
• To provide blasting and earthworks engineering expertise and oversight for the Musandam Processing Plant Project with specific responsibilities for the blasting, earth/rock movement and reclamation and sea defence work
• To review the blasting, earth/rock movement (Site develope 30 Hectare area) and reclamation (Site develope 5.5 Hectare area) /sea defence construction (400m)work technical scopes and method statements
• To monitor the Contractor’s Engineering Detail Design (in contractor’s offices) and Project Execution (at site).
• To provide blasting, earth/rock movement and reclamation/sea defence engineering expertise to support development plans, infrastructure any other activity requiring such engineering support (e.g EIA)
• Review and appraise activities of the Contractor’s Engineering
• Coordinate with other project facet Engineering Teams
• Identifying surveys and tests to be carried out to gather information for the design development applying the results to the engineering and design definition of the works
• Monitor, appraise and provide input to the contractor’s construction detail planning, coordination activities and performance and recommend corrective action to be taken where deficiencies are detected in meeting the project objectives and ensure that these are implemented
• Monitor and appraise interfaces and interactions with contractor and his subcontractors
• Report progress, performance, initiatives, issues, challenges and corrective actions taken, to the Civil’s Delivery Manager
• Promote safety awareness and safe performance among project team members, including consultants and contractor personnel
• Coordinate resolution of production and technical issues with appropriate contractor resources on and off-site
• Ensure appropriate Material Handling and Working Environment reviews are carried out at site and that findings are resolved and implemented by contractor
• Appraise and record with on-site personnel regarding change requests and change assessments in accordance with Management of Change Plan Interface with the Senior Offshore Engineer
• Proactively recognise and integrate the OOCEP business drivers for project development (HSSE, operational, commercial)
• Participate in Contractor’s safety management reviews
• Ensure that the blasting and earthworks/reclamation work is properly aligned with rules and standards adopted in the Sultanate of Oman
• Provide support in the discussion with local authorities/stakeholders for the various permits required for the works
• A minimum of 7 years experience in rock blasting, earthworks and reclamation design and construction.
• Minimum 7 years experience in Construction Supervisory position for either Client or Contractor.
• Experience in earthwork/rock blasting in the Middle East would be an advantage.
• Detailed knowledge of all relevant discipline codes and standards
• Good understanding of planning and executing projects in the E&P business.
• Good understanding and proactive approach to HSSE in safety/hazard management, planning and executing projects.
• Ability to identify, analyse and resolve complex technical problems.
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Ability to work with the community as a spokesperson for OOCEP
• An Engineering degree in Mechanical, Civil or other relevant discipline.
- Job Location:
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production LLC (OOCEP) is an upstream Oil & Gas company based in the Sultanate of Oman. Initially a division of Oman Oil Company SAOC (OOC), OOCEP is now a subsidiary of OOC following the Company's incorporation as a separate legal entity in 2009. OOCEP has numerous assets and diversified interests in Oil & Gas exploration and production both inside and outside Oman.