The Pearl Gas to Liquids (GTL) project includes the development of offshore natural gas resources in Qatar’s North Field. Upstream, natural gas will be produced, transported and processed to produce 120,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane. Downstream, dry gas will be used as feedstock to produce 140,000 barrels per day of clean, high quality GTL fuels and products.
We’re currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer.
You will be accountable for:
* The development of Qatari nationals to fulfil line positions in line with company objectives,
* Commissioning and operation of the power generation units and flawless start up through the development of electrical equipment inspection and maintenance activities based on QA/QC procedures and Reliability Centred Maintenance techniques,
* Ensuring plant integrity through development and implementation of Electrical Power Generation and Distribution Inspection and Maintenance Strategies & Acceptance Standards that are based on applicable international standards and statutory requirements,
* Ensuring compliance with the Company's QSHE policy and guidelines for Inspection activities,
* Ensuring that electrical documentation / data are kept up-to-date,
* Developing strategies and scope for the electrical equipment inspection and maintenance of the installed electrical equipment and associated systems,
* Supporting the area maintenance teams with advice and resources for problems that require specialist competencies not present in the area teams,
* Participating when required in the multidisciplinary Area Integrity/ Reliability Management Team, and
* Being the custodian of the Electrical Equipment Suppliers List / Electrical part of the Vendor list of evaluated and approved electrical equipment suppliers.
You must have a degree in Electrical Engineering with extensive experience in the Petrochemical industry covering installation, commissioning and start-up of Power Generation, Electrical Distribution, Electrical Installation, Maintenance Execution and Electrical Protection Inspection/Testing. Experience in troubleshooting and analysis of equipment performance is required. You must have experience in plant integrity management through the application of Risk and Reliability Centred Maintenance techniques and Root Cause Analysis. Proven experience in the commissioning of Power Generation units is also required.
You must have exposure to turnaround and projects planning and the development and application of quality management systems. Other essential experience includes proven facilitation experience, good presentation and writing skills, appreciation of cultural diversity, and a focus on continuous learning and improvement.
You must have proven ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment and must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Fluency in both written and verbal English is essential.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Our aim is to meet the world's energy needs in ways that are viable, now and in the future. By joining Shell you can help make a difference to the world and get more out of your working life than you thought possible. As a Graduate or a Professional discover the wealth of application opportunities that exist and find your next career move. Learn more at http://www.shell.com/careers.