The incumbent will be responsible for national PSFR capacity development: creating, coordinating and maintaining the processes and mechanisms through which individuals, Branch Offices and National Associations, and UNHCR other relevant sections obtain, strengthen, and maintain PSFR capabilities to achieve the objectives of the National Fundraising Network as part of the PSFR global strategy.
He/she will coordinate and supervise the work of any consultants or staff working either full-time or through projects in these areas. The role will liaise extensively with the Regional PSFR team and with close links to Fundraising Support, Fundraising Development and the Leadership Giving Section as well as with DER on joint training initiatives and the Global Learning Centre on creating integrated projects.
- UNHCR has a comprehensive global capacity building and development programme for the National PSFR network;
- The National PSFR network has an appropriate consultative and advisory mechanism to promote and guide best practice and innovation in management and fundraising;
- The annual national and regional planning process for the National Fundraising inputs to the global PSFR annual planning process guarantees high quality delivery plans and long term network capacity.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- The development of and reporting on of a National Fundraising Capacity Development Plan;
- Build PSFR capacity amongst Branch Offices, PSFR Partner National Associations, other implementing partners and NGOs;
- Global training aimed at benefiting PSFR and other UNHCR staff;
- Liaise with Global Learning Centre, other DER services and Bureaus to develop, integrate and deliver PSFR capacity building with other capacity building activities;
- Management of a system of regional and national working groups and task forces to develop and promote best practice including co-chairing a number of groups;
- Development of PSFR national best practice and field guidelines;
- Support the Regional PSFR Managers and provide guidance, advice and training to PSFR partners on testing and implementing PSFR techniques;
- Ensuring that Branch Offices and Regional Representations have clarity of roles and appropriate resource capacity with regard to PSFR national and regional;
- Management of the development of policies and systems for better governance, legal frameworks and working practices with PSFR Partner National Associations;
- Management of the National Annual Planning submission, review and reporting process including management of the annual planning meeting(s) with National Associations and National PSFR staff;
- Management of global budgets for skill-shares, capacity building, innovation and other delegated projects;
- Deputize for Chief, National Fundraising Section on tasks as delegated including OIC functions, interim management on priority areas or trouble shooting.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Establish and manage regional consultations, advisory and planning networks and responsibility for overall planning and delivery of key network meetings;
- The development of clearer frameworks, working groups and support structures to build the capacity of national PSFR operations.
- A university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline plus 10 years¿ previous relevant work experience with 5 - 8 years¿ private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation or a marketing/fundraising consultancy firm with at least 2 years at an international level.
- An advanced university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline plus 8 years¿ previous relevant work experience with 5 - 8 years private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation or a marketing/fundraising consultancy firm with at least 2 years at an international level.
Note: Though an advanced university degree is desirable, more important is equivalent proven experience in private sector fundraising for international not-for-profit organisations. Currently PSFR is not available as a degree course and therefore increased experience is preferable.
- Current market knowledge of PSFR and trends globally is essential.
- International PSFR Experience in minimum of 3-5 countries
- Proven ability to develop capacity in an INGO or International Organization
- Proven expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and new PSFR techniques including direct marketing and direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programmes such as face-to-face, mass appeals, major donor fundraising, e-fundraising and emergency fundraising.
- English essential and additional languages an asset (either UN official languages or a language of PSFR¿s key fundraising partners)
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
About This Company
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and resolve refugee problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees. It strives to ensure that everyone can exercise the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge in another State, with the option to return home voluntarily, integrate locally or to resettle in a third country. It also has a mandate to help stateless people. In more than six decades, the agency has helped tens of millions of people restart their lives. Today, a staff of some 7,685 people in more than 125 countries continues to help some 33.9 million persons.