Service Delivery Officer (Technical Support)
As the SDO you will be required to control and ensure delivery of technical support services to customer airlines at Dubai International Airport(DIA) by pre-planning and real-time delivery of services to agreed SLAs ensuring they meet stringent safety and cost KPIs.
Technical Support activities include, but are not limited to; the provision of GSE equipment (GPU, ACU, PBT, ASU, toilet and water servicing units), aircraft pushback & towing, provision of line maintenance mechanics, aircraft chocking, for both Emirates and other customer airlines at Terminal 1, 2 & 3, Emirates Base Maintenance, Dubai Police Airwing, Royal Hanger, and EFS.
You will be responsible for:
- The overall zone-based delivery of technical support services on a 24 hour shift basis across DIA as advised by DOCC
ensuring that equipment and manpower are deployed in a timely manner and cross utilised where possible ensuring on time delivery of services and maximisation of equipment utilisation.
- Ensuring that overtime hours are controlled, audited and approved for both dnata and outsourced staff. Provide real-time feedback and recommendations to DOCC and Service Delivery Controller for improved utilisation of staff and equipment to control on-shift costs.
- Ensuring a high level of safety within the operation. Audit the technical support activities against standard operating procedure, safety standards and regulations and provides comprehensive feedback to both staff and SDC to ensure high level of safety and services are delivered.
- Investigating and reporting all accidents, incidents, injuries and near misses, ensuring that SAFE is updated appropriately.
providing additional non-contracted adhoc services including, not limited to; brake cooling, wheel change arrangements, nitrogen trolley, wind screen cleaning, AOG, emergency landing inspections, bomb threats, stranded aircraft shifting.
- Liaising with Service Delivery Controller and GSE team to ensure the timely reporting of unserviceable GSE equipment and assisting in the recovery or movement of unserviceable GSE equipment to avoid delays where possible
- Monitoring performance and conducting performance reviews and audits for the assigned staff. Identify training needs and forward training/refresher recommendations in order to enhance & maintain the professional knowledge level of staff.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE.
Vocational or Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (12+2 or equivalent)
5 years + experience with an international airline or ground handling company with at least 2 years in a supervisory level
- Must hold a valid UAE driving licence or transferable international license
- Must have experience in the operation of specialised aircraft GSE
- Must have proven knowledge of Line Maintenance handling procedures, GSE and aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Working knowledge of aircraft refuelling procedures would be a distinct advantage
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
At dnata, our style of delighting customers is unique. That’s why we attract the best people in the industry - people who can apply imagination to their work. We are growing quickly - and we are looking for people to join our global family of 20,000 employees. As the fourth largest combined air services provider, our services on the ground keep the world in the air. You’ll find dnata in 38 countries offering customers our expertise in ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering.
We believe in the power of our people - and we’re always on the look-out for potential stars to help us deliver the promises our customers make. Be a part of our success story. If you want to join us, please visit emiratesgroupcareers.com to apply