Service Manager | DOMASCO | Qatar
Doha Marketing Services Company W.L.L. (DOMASCO), an overseas joint venture of the reputable UAE-based Al Futtaim Group, has been operating business in Qatar for 15 years and has sole distribution rights for Honda, Volvo cars and trucks, reputed brands of watches and electronics such as Raymond Weil, Casio and Sanyo as well as Yanmar marine engines in the country.The Role:We are currently looking to recruit experienced Service Manager for Honda, Volvo, and Proton main workshop based in Doha
The primary focus of the role will be to manage a profitable and efficient Service Department. He will operate the department at maximum production and ensure technical efficiency, control costs, build a loyal clientele, maintain good employee relationships, set and obtain sales and profit objectives, and maintain service records.
The key accountabilities of this role include the following:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business.
- Manage and control the daily activities of the department and ensure that all work is carried out according to company standards.
- Develop (Where necessary, design) and install the correct processes & practices to ensure that the business is operating in an efficient manner and the highest levels of customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Monitor monthly performance, plan activities & strive to always achieve budgeted targets.
- Gather market information and produce a customer data base. Constantly monitor and update the information held within the data base.
- Audit labour & parts selling procedures to ensure that there is 0 outstanding cash sales and all labour & goods purchased are paid for at time of collection.
- Actively seek to increase both labour and parts turnover by maintaining customer contact, explore the market for new potential customers and maintain service information & schedules for existing customer base.
- Implement the correct financial controls demanded by the company & carryout self audits to ensure procedures are being followed and all financial issues are responded to and resolved promptly.
- Hold regular team meetings, identify improvement areas, give feedback on performance and motivate the team to make improvements where necessary.
- Develop training plans for all the team members and actively find ways of delivering the training needed.
- Carryout personal development reviews with the team and record the information in the correct format.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previously held a similar position with a reputed company or auto dealership for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Excellent Leadership, Team Building and Man Management skills
- Numeracy and computer operations skills
- System Planning and Implementation
- Communication and Customer Handling Skills
- Competent to analyze market situation and identify customer needs
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work. The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.