Service Manager - Workshop Equipment | Al Futtaim Auto Center
About the Business:
Al-Futtaim is regarded as a pioneer in the Gulf region's Automotive industry and encompasses every aspect of the Automotive business; from passenger and commercial vehicles and construction equipment sales and service, to used car sales and rental and leasing.
A comprehensive network of showrooms and service centres covers the UAE and Gulf region providing customers with convenience, choice and the highest standards of after sales service. Al-Futtaim represents some of the world's most popular and desirable automotive brands including; Toyota, Lexus, Hino, Honda, Volvo, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge.
Al Futtaim's Automotive Division have formed a new division under its umbrella, ALAC, this will incorporate the tyres and batteries division, workshop equipment division and body shop division. This new service division will be one of a kind in the UAE offering end to end solutions for commercial and retail customers alike.
About the Job:
We need a Service Manager for our Workshop and Equipment Division who will manage all service activities and processes within the workshop equipment division of various franchises.
Workshop Equipment Division advises, equips, consults, assists and supports workshop managers to provide the best possible after sales care to their customers. The range of services includes sales and installation of workshop equipment, consulting services, after-sales support, training and parts back up. Common product lines in our business incude Molnar, Washtec, Celette, 3M and Diamondbrite.
You will need to:
- Manage all customer contact through your employees
- Understand your business and lead through metrics
- Obtain excellent customer satisfaction results
- Manage workshop equipment and service contracts
- Lead the after-sales process
- Manage warranty and quality issues
- Ensure quality reporting and communication to and from your after-sales operation
- Report to line management on a continual basis regarding aftersales issues
- Track training records of all employees
- Provide professional technical advice to meet customers' requirements
- Conduct field support visits to respective customers and installation sites for follow up, business development and relationship building
- Implement continuous improvement in every facet of the operation
- Manage tool and equipment requirements to improve branch workshop efficiency
- Provide a safe environment for your employees and customers
- Support all business development activities in the service department
- Lead service excellence
- Provide inputs and assistance to develop and manage annual budgets
- Monitor and analyse customer satisfaction results to improve customer satisfaction
- Participate in all distributor workshops and skill development programs
To be seriously considered for this role, you will have:
- Sound, relevant experience in an automotive workshop environment
- At least one managerial level experience in a workshop environment
- Preferably hold a Diploma or Degree in a suitable technical field
- Fluent English communication skills
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) packages
- Strong problem solving and technical diagnostic/fault-finding skills and be able to coach others in those skills
- Analytical and customer relationship skills
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Automotive; Technical/Maintenance
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.