Service Technician - Coffee Equipment
Coffee Planet Head Office, Dubai
Normal working hours – 8am-5pm
Technical Service Manager
Technical Service Manager, Operations Director
Coffee Planet is a successful, vertically integrated coffee solutions business. Coffee Planet roasts its own beans in its own roastery in Dubai, thus ensuring the highest quality and the freshest, best tasting coffee in every cup and with the shortest supply chain for its business customers.
Most famous for serving fresh coffee in petrol station convenience stores across the UAE, it has now become a multiple solutions coffee business supplying coffee and coffee equipment to every sector of the coffee market and has begun expanding nationally and internationally into its own retail stores with funky designs across a range of formats.
Coffee Planet also has exclusive distribution rights over its coffee machines to ensure performance and consistency; backed up by a talented engineering and installation team and a 24-hour customer care approach.
Coffee Planet has a range of Foodservice customers and is also be consulted on design, layout, specs, procurement and innovative technology for any potential coffee or coffee shop environment. It is a “one-stop coffee solutions shop”. It has targeted the hotels and office coffee markets as well as other business segments such as banking and catering outlets and has huge opportunities for growth. It already boasts an impressive list of blue chip clients and wishes to build on this.
Coffee Planet has also established franchise partners overseas in Malaysia, Oman and Pakistan and expects to grow to 10 countries in the coming few years.
Job role overview:
Coffee Planet manages an extensive variety of semi and automatic equipment from manufacturers in several countries around the world (incl Concordia, De Jong Duke, Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, Ditting, La Marzocco, Kees Van Der Westen, Eversys, Gaggia and more). The Coffee Planet Service Technicians are either based in the technical workshop or designated within an area of the UAE in order to carry out the preventative maintenance schedule as well as respond to service calls in our own as well as our clients’ outlets.
With a technical knowledge of coffee equipment, the Coffee Planet Service Technician uses a combination of experience, expertise and logic to solve problems faced with a variety of 600+ pieces of equipment.
Health & Safety:
All employees have a statutory duty of care for their own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Employees are required to co-operate with management to enable Coffee Planet to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be working as part of the Service Team in order to service & maintain a range of coffee equipment. Your role will include but is not limited to the following:
Servicing of coffee equipment (either specific equipment or a range of equipment)
Responding to service calls (Driving license preferred) and maintaining equipment on site.
Following the system of receiving, maintaining and dispatching machines through the technical workshop.
Working to the service plan as advised by the Technical Service Manager.
• Experience with coffee & related coffee equipment knowledge is key to this role as that’s what we do!
• Engineering experience (electrical/mechanical) is an advantage.
• IT experience is an advantage.
• The ability to follow instruction from the Technical Service Manager as well as having a problem-solving mentality.
• Communication skill among the service team (multi nationality) and others in the company as well as communication and reporting to management is essential.
• Time management plays a big role in the job as the company continues to expand with a greater demand for service & maintenance, effective management of time can improve the whole team’s efficiency.
• Systems & process minded understanding that systems and processes need to be followed.
• We are all part of the same team with an ambition of greatness so a team player mentality is vital.
• Strong communication skills (both in person & in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding.
• Pays great attention to detail
• Team Player – works for the benefit of the whole Coffee Planet family
• Self starter and self motivator, driven by results and success – organisation, initiative and decision-making skills essential
• Passionate about our business and coffee!
• Advanced inter-personal and relationship building skills
• Starter-Finisher – will work to get the job done. Clock watchers not welcome.
• Must have a history of experience in relevant roles.
• Has the ability to multitask and deliver consistently with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to function independently as well as one of the team
• Excellent problem solving skills & take initiative to be productive and efficient
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $1,000 - $1,500
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma