Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Arab Monetary Fund, a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), with the objective of laying monetary foundations of Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in Arab Countries.
AMF seeks to appoint a “Settlement Officer“, in the back office operations of Finance Department of the Fund. Activities involving settlement operations include borrowings, medium-term loans, inter-bank transfers and deposits, foreign exchange, money and capital market instruments, bonds, structured products, and alternative investments in hedge funds.
* Verifying accuracy and completeness of investment transactions.
* Completing necessary data input for investment transaction.
* Preparing necessary settlement instructions using SWIFT.
* Matching confirmations of investment transactions.
* Responding to queries from counterparties
* Monitoring maturities and executing necessary transfer instructions.
* Updating floating interest rates and securities valuations.
* Preparing daily and periodic reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts.
* Identifying and resolving settlement incidents.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Minimum Requirements Criteria
* National of member Arab Countries. Age not over 35 years.
* Bachelor degree with emphasis on Accounting or Finance from reputable university.
* Specialized studies in investments or back-office operations are a plus.
* Two to Five years of relevant experience back office operations in a disciplined investment or banking environment are desired. Fresh graduates could also be considered.
* Very thorough and critically attentive to details.
* Good communication skills in Arabic and English.
* Tactfulness and promptness in identifying and resolving settlement incidents and following up on claims with counterparties.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications, principally Excel and Word.
* Exceptional skills in monitoring and controlling transactions is a plus.
* Hands on experience in using the SWIFT system is a plus.
* Working experience in settlement or accounting applications is a plus.
* Focused and energetic.
* Serious and responsible.
* Positive, committed, dependable, team player.
* Committed and disciplined.
* High learning and growth potential.
* Hard worker, willingness to work extra hours.
- Job Location:
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Arab Monetary Fund is a Regional Arab Organisation, Founded in 1976, and has started operations in 1977. Member Countries (22) are: Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Tunisia, Algeria, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Somalia, Iraq, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Yemen, Comoros.
The fund aims at contributing to the achievement of the following objectives:
1.Correcting disequilibria in the balance of payments of member States.
2.Striving for the removal of restrictions on current payments between member States.
3.Establishing policies and modes of Arab monetary co-operation.
4.Rendering advice, whenever called upon to do so, with regard to policies related to the investment of the financial resources of member States in foreign markets.
5.Promoting the development of Arab financial markets.
6.Paving the way towards the creation of a unified Arab currency.
7.Promote trade among member States.