Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To ensure complete operation and safety of all equipment and their corresponding machinery through intense preventive maintenance and proper working procedures. To carry out daily inspection of engineering areas for corrective action.
· To carry out smooth running of engineering shift as per required standards and safety procedures.
· Attend guest complaints as well as complaints from other departments regarding breakdown or malfunctioning of equipment, etc.
· To carry out preventive maintenance programme effectively.
· Work shift duty whenever scheduled to do so to ensure 24 hours coverage of the hotel. Perform shift duty as shift leader, and take all necessary action on safety issues.
· Keep a close track of the performance of all equipment and associated machinery in the hotel and in areas associated with the property. Make regular inspection of all critical engineering areas for safety reason.
· Ensure that all the preventive maintenance, work orders and assignments are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner, supervise the staff working in shift duty.
· Work very closely with MOD/night manager and security shift leader for issues pertaining to engineering.
· Take daily log readings of all equipment and system write daily report.
· Make sure the materials needed to perform jobs are available prior to commencing work. Work very closely with other engineering staff.
· Make sure that all defective light bulbs and fittings are fixed without delay.
· Assist engineering associates in ordering the correct materials prior to commencing the work.
· Ensure that all engineering spares are safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner at all times.
· Assist in energy conservative program, and to control utilities consumption.
· Comply with hotel and corporate SOP’s.
· Take logs readings for boilers/inspection of fire control room, fire pumps, etc.
· Carry out instructions, work orders or assignments given out by the DOE/Chief Engineer and Assistant Engineer Manager.
· To take active roll in the TQM process.
· Cross train engineering associates within the department.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge
Able to work under pressure
Able to lift and bend
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is set to become a landmark hotel in one of the region’s most desirable destinations. The hotel will open with 804 bedrooms and rise to 1608 rooms the hotel will include 9 restaurants and 5 lounges offering a wide variety of culinary delights for our guests. JW Marriott is the luxury hotel brand that provides an environment of simple elegance where they feel welcome and free to be themselves. Together, we orchestrate an experience that is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired. The JW experience authentically reflects each property's surroundings, imparts a sense of harmony and wellness and delivers lasting memories. All so our guests can indulge in the ultimate luxury...the time to think and freedom to focus.
The Marquis endorsement is reserved for iconic properties in the Marriott International portfolio, defined by their scale, grandeur and location. The new JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai will be the first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America (after the JW Marriott Marquis Miami). Success of the property will be heavily reliant on the creative input, and talented, experienced individuals, who have the ability to work as a highly organised world class, team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an exceptional property, located in one of the youngest and most dynamic markets in the World.