• Supervises the operation of the entire plant during his shift with the aim of producing product at required output levels and in accordance with specified quality and cost standards.
• Responsible for emergencies, condition of plant and machinery, cleaning of plant and surrounding area, production data control, and any other job assigned by superiors/Management.
• Reports to the Operations Manager.
• Responsible for Operators in their shift. Also oversees warehouse staff outside normal day work hours, i.e. when Stores Coordinator is not present.
• Working relationships Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Production Engineer and any other person/department as circumstances dictates.
Duties & Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing
• Exercises responsibility for safety of plant and personnel on shift. Evaluates safety aspects of work to be performed and insures proper precautions have been taken before issuing work permits. Insures that plant controls and shutdown systems are operated in a safe manner. Routinely checks to ensure that all process safety features are properly activated.
• Supervises plant operating activities on his shift. Includes monitoring overall plant operations. Giving directions to operators and checking that product quality and quantity are in accordance with management's requirements.
• Supervises the activities of assigned production personnel on his shift. Carries out supervisor duties and excesses financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Exercises general coordination over plant maintenance work. Includes initiating request for maintenance services, issuing permits for work to be carried out, ensures the proper preparation of equipment, ensuring that safety procedures are being followed, and checking that work has been successfully completed.
• Troubleshoots plant operating as required. Includes diagnosing operating problems in conjunction with operators, calling for special maintenance or technical assistance if required and following through until problems are solved.
• Acts as Fire Captain in case of emergency. Includes directing all on-site fire response and contacting the emergency control center to indicate the nature of the emergency.
• Enters all production data on the computers and issues daily production reports.
• Responsible for carrying out his duties to the highest quality standards, to be aware of the company's quality program, and to be aware to comply with his department's standard operating procedures.
• Carries out other similar or related duties, such as preparing safety bulletin board, making presentations to other operators on safety or plant operating matters and carrying out special projects under direction such as preparing schedule for shutdown etc.
• Issue work schedule and ensure that the work is done accordingly.
• Controls production output in accordance with instructions of his superiors.
• Ensures the welfare of the plant and machinery and operators.
• Liaisons with maintenance personnel to arrange for and follow up on maintenance work in the plant, and with other departments and sections for exchanging information and obtaining technical support and assistance.
• Works according to standard operating procedures but is required to react to abnormal or dangerous operating conditions in accordance with emergency procedures. Can make limited short run plant operating changes .
• Day to day production planning and production output.
• Evaluation of operators.
• Completion of Secondary Science (12 years) education followed by 2-3 years training in plant operation.
• 5-7 years plant operating experience. Good spoken & written English.
Special Training / Skill
• Trained in textile production process or nonwovens manufacturing process.
- Job Location:
- Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Certification / diploma