Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Sous Chef - Texas Roadhouse, Dubai
The Texas Roadhouse Story is simple. Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Texas Roadhouse is about a hearty, good meal with service that is friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic. Life should be fun - so the workplace needs to reflect that as well - and that is why we put our employees first." Learn more about Texas Roadhouse at http://www.texasroadhouse.com/
The Sous Chef position is a management position that reports directly to the Head Chef.
The position is designed to manage and execute all kitchen functions according to Texas Roadhouse established procedures and in accordance with the direction of the Chef.
As a member of the management team, the Sous Chef takes the lead roll in the back of the house in the Chef's absence. He/ She should become proficient to fulfill all the roles for Opening, Mid and Closing shifts in the absence of the Chef.
- Supervise, assign, delegate tasks and give direction to the kitchen staff throughout the shift and work schedules for all kitchen staff members based on business volume.
- Clearly communicate pertinent culinary information of the culinary employees by having regular shift meetings and utilizing the communication tools provided in the restaurant.
- Supervise and facilitate training of all food prep and execution of all menu items, procedures and recipes to all kitchen staff and ensure proper safety, sanitation, prep, timing and production by performing regular line checks.
- Consistently ensure proper timing and production of all food orders.
- Complete and cost all food inventories as directed.
- Thorough completion of all Prep lists and Ordering guides.
- Responsible for Chef's opening and closing checklist.
- Set up the mis-en-place in stations for the various meal periods in accordance to performance standard.
- 2-3 years of stable work history in a hands-on, high-volume restaurant environment.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations, understand finances and cost management.
- Ability to read and learn training materials, recipes and procedures.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of 8 to 12 hours per shift.
- Must be able to speak clearly, listen attentively to employees, the management team and guests.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Customer Service
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.