Sr Landscape Technician
1) The fundamental reason this classification exist is to assist the Roads & Grounds Supervisor in day today planning, scheduling and coordinating the activities of personnel and contractors engaged in landscape maintenance.
2) Coordinate the tasks concerned with operation and maintenance of automatic irrigation field satellite controllers and sprinkler systems installed within the Qatar Foundation premises in coordination with the Supervisor.
3) Generate daily, weekly, monthly, reports and other presentations required by the department.
Key Result Areas:
1) The position is responsible for coordinating the tasks assigned by the supervisor related to the landscape maintenance and repair program.
2) The position is responsible for the overall landscape maintenance program at a Qatar Foundation institution, university, building complex, or other physical plant, or for a portion of the overall program. The maintenance and repair program may include any of the following: water treatment, irrigation operation, landscape maintenance, mechanical, electrical systems, roads, walkways, kerbways and other related minor civil works.
3) Provide necessary landscaping designs and proposals in different areas / locations that could contribute to the upgrading and improvement of existing landscaping in Qatar Foundation.
4) Design the irrigation and sprinkler system in accordance with best recognized irrigation and horticultural techniques.
5) Maintains knowledge on Operation and maintenance of different Irrigation Equipments like Electrically controlled solenoid valves, plug in irrigation terminals, drip irrigation emitters, valve boxes, irrigation piping etc.
6) Review contractor’s method statements in coordination with the supervisor and monitors performance of activities as required and ensures that the daily work activities are done efficiently.
7) Monitors the performance of water meters installed in landscaping areas and provide necessary water consumption reports. Maintains knowledge on the reverse osmosis process used for water purifications.
8) Coordinate the tasks assigned to scheduling and implementing lawn maintenance like mowing, manuring, weeding etc on regular basis.
9) Maintains knowledge of safety policies and procedures regarding the proper tools/equipment for land preparation and cultivation such as trimming, cutting, fertilizing and removal of weeds.
10) Generate daily, weekly & monthly reports indicating progress or deficiencies in irrigation system, pest control requirements, nursery operation and civil works.
11) Identifies the different plant pest/disease and applied preventive measures such as treatment of insecticides, fungicides and other medicine for plants.
12) Inspects the plants for pest/diseases, nutrient deficiency or any biological problems and adoption control measures.
13) Reads and reviews project drawings and specifications.
• Diploma in an Agriculture discipline. Good written and oral knowledge of English.
• Good knowledge on the modern irrigation techniques used for landscaping areas.
• At least 2 years landscape maintenance experience, of which 1 year must have included assigning and evaluating the work of grounds maintenance crews/contractors at two or more facilities. Good working knowledge of the methods of horticulture including, irrigation systems, planting, plant material, cultivating and caring for trees, shrubs, flowers and grass areas. Civil maintenance experience and knowledge is desirable.
• English. Proficiency in the use of computers with knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Access.
• Prepares and maintains various records/reports, such as Daily/Monthly Activities, Weekly/Monthly Operations Report.
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Certification / diploma
About This Company
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development is a private, chartered, nonprofit organization, founded in 1995 by His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of Qatar. Guided by the principle that a nation's greatest resource is the potential of its people, Qatar Foundation aims to develop that potential through a network of centers devoted to progressive education, research and community welfare.