Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Supervisor Electrical System Operations
Supervise all electrical systems installations under Utilities scope to ensure power reliability from the outgoing 13.8 (KV) Kilovolts feeders of Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) Substation to the Central Utility Plants, Central Services Area and Satellite Substations including its associated equipments such as Transformers, Switchgears, Motor Control Centers, Switch Racks, Distribution Panels, Variable Frequency Drives, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Automatic Transfer Switches and other electrical equipments up to the interconnection of medium voltage cables feeding the Package Substations in the electrical distribution network, including the Emergency Back-up Generators
• Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, supervising and leading the responsible group of electrical personnel in-charge for the day-to-day operation of electrical systems under the Utilities Scope.
• Handles all issues of electrical systems under the Utilities Scope and coordinates with Service Provider for resolution.
• Assists with electrical system installation, troubleshooting and repair as needed.
• Coordinates work flows and schedules with designated contractors.
• Coordinates between maintenance and operations to ensure that Preventive Maintenance (PM) of electrical systems and equipments is performed according to schedule and standards including Project Management Team, Commissioning and Facilities Management.
• Provides technical knowledge and experience in the operation of both low and medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
• Responsible for making technical decisions regarding electrical systems issues and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations (IEEE, NEMA, NEC, NFPA and International standards).
• Monitors and ensures that the Preventive Maintenance of above mentioned equipments is performed according to schedule and standards and in compliance with electrical codes and adherence to safety regulations.
• Coordinates with Saudi Electric Company on power outage, shutdown and power fluctuation issues.
• Capable of handling emergency situation like power outages and system abnormality in quickest possible time.
• Monitors Service Provider Performance during repair or shutdown of any electrical systems.
• Evaluates work performed by employees and contractors.
• Must be able to maintain records and report on daily basis to Utilities Manager.
• Ensures that electrical work execution follows the electrical safety standards
• Provides common administrative duties such as purchase supplies, ensure adequate inventory, plan budgets, prioritize purchases, prepare cost estimates and document their purchases and keep records of electrical operations and evaluating employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Utilities Manager.
Organization Facilities and Community
Division Maintenance and Utilities Management
• Extensive knowledge of the electrical systems, from medium voltage sub stations all the way down to the end users.
• Extensive knowledge and familiarity with electrical codes and design.
• Ability to apply an engineering and electrical analysis and appraisal to maintenance techniques
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
Required Education Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Required Experience Minimum 7 years experience in Electrical medium and low voltage, sub stations, switch gears and with 2 years in supervisory position.
• Must have a valid driving license
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Job Location:
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is being built in Saudi Arabia as an international, graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement in the Kingdom that will also benefit the region and the world. KAUST is the realization of a decades-long vision of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.