The Land Surveyor is assigned to supervise and check the setting out of the works on the project. He is to report directly to the engineer in charge of the relevant section of work on the project.
• Perform survey works under the direction and guidance of the Engineer in charge.
• Check Contractor’s establishment of the primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference points and reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
• Supervise the Contractors surveying staff.
• Record discrepancies or technical problems to the Engineer in charge.
• Coordinate with the Contractor’s Surveyors on work priorities and schedule.
• With the Contractor perform joint measurements of the completed work for payments purposes, as directed by the QS via the Engineer.
• Check completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the inspector assigned in the work.
• Perform regular checks of the Contractor setting out to verify proper execution and accuracy.
• Maintain equipment in proper condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
• Review and comment appropriately to RFA’s as received from the contractor, when directed by the Engineer.
• Review and comment appropriately to shop drawings received from the Contractor, when directed by the Engineer.
• Ensure that the works are being constructed to the latest construction and shop drawings.
• *Ensure that works are compliant with the Contractor’s HSE plan at all times.
• Record all measurements and calculations etc neatly and accurately in field books as the work progress.
Bachelors in Engineering
- Job Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Consulting Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma