Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Full responsibility of the following activities:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Must be able to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of data and/or situations requires evaluation of multiple factors.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
• 4 years of system administration, preferably in Unix, AIX, Linux server environment
• Biometric systems System integration;
• Technical design and implementation
• AIX, Linux Systems as primary experience,
• LAN/WAN Knowledge
• Windows Servers
• Database Administration
• University Degree in the IT domain
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates