Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Design, develop, test, implement and support IT applications to meet the business objectives of DSOA while adopting best practices in Application Development Methodology.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that IT applications and processes are analysed and designed in line with business objectives.
• Liaise with users in defining their requirements, prepare an initial business case/ proposal and agree with the users.
• Prepare specifications for applications to an agreed methodology and obtain formal user acceptance.
• Design processes, prepare a technical specification to meet the agreed requirements of business, and obtain formal agreement to the design, specification and proposed implementation schedule.
• Convert process control concepts into computer programmes which meet the requirements of the users and IT infrastructure.
• Ensure that the applications are designed to optimise the computer time usage and storage requirements
• Test and modify applications to ensure that no faults exist.
• Enhance existing applications to meet the changes in user requirements.
• Prepare detailed technical program specifications to agreed methodology, control and assist in the programming of the systems, monitor testing of the systems
• Plan and control the implementation of the system through to the users formal acceptance.
• Identify in consultation with the users the training requirements and ensure training requirements are addressed to users’ satisfaction.
• Ensure the applications are technically documented to an agreed standard.
• Ensuring adequate level of security awareness and compliance, monitor and improve effectiveness of IS Controls
• Identification and reporting of security incidents observed, maintain contacts with Special Interest Groups to obtain information on the latest threats and vulnerabilities
• Update the software packages / applications with the latest Patches made available by the vendors to counter the vulnerabilities existing in the packages
• Provide Acceptable Usage of information processing system (not limited to anti-virus, responding to virus outbreaks)
• Abide by coding standards, participation in code review and comply with security needs like avoiding malicious code
• Ensure code review checklist is strictly followed during the development of new modules or applications
• Ensure Backup of the database is taken as per the Backup Policy to ensure the Availability of Information during Emergency situation
• Ensure appropriate access level is set for all users accessing the packages / applications
• Ensure proper Change Management Procedure is followed as per Dubai Silicon Oasis’s Policy
• Must be able to demonstrate an aptitude for logical thought, and application to problem solving through the use of computer technology.
• Minimum of 4 years computing experience with a broad knowledge of relevant hardware, software, and operating systems with minimum of 2 years in analysis and programming.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Creative Problem Solving Logical Data Modeling Logical Security MySQL 4/5 Technical Aptitude
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3 Max: 10
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), a 100% government-owned free zone, was established following Law no 16 of 2005 of the Government of Dubai, with the Mission to "facilitate and promote modern technology based industries" thus supporting the region's demand for business expansion. A full package of incentives and benefits are provided to companies operating within the free zone. Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is a technology park and provides both a living and working integrated community.
DSO's urban master-planned community spans 7.2 million square meters and has been carefully divided into 5 main pillars based on industrial, commercial, education, living and residences, and public facilities. The technology park enjoys state-of-the-art utility infrastructure featuring advanced telecommunications, electricity, and road networks.
Silicon Oasis is designed as a hi-tech ecosystem which offers businesses a plethora of advantages including a state-of-the-art infrastructure, in-house business services and strong business support such as technology investment incentives for large enterprises, entrepreneurial support, an incubation centre and venture capital funding.