Technical /Engineering Director
Confidential Company - Bahrain
• Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
• Represent (IT & Engineering) technology business issues on projects that involve current and future business opportunities (e.g., SVOD; Telco launches; international initiatives; wireless; new encoding technologies; new business development projects; copyright protection; etc.
• Working knowledge of broadcasting: Origination, program integration.
• Strong background in media technology: Cable, DBS, Broadband (networking) technologies including design, infrastructure, strategies.
• Strong background in digital transmission technologies such as MPEG compression, streaming media, satellite transmission and reception, conditional access and interactive television.
Assess and prioritize alternative solutions; evaluate financial impact.
Participate in the negotiations of contracts for satellite transponder capacity; compression/encryption technologies and equipment purchases.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong self-starter and strategic thinker; attention to detail and deadline oriented performer a must.
BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required."
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Arts/Entertainment/and Media
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen