Technical Support Engineer(Networking) - IT, Kuwait
From our base in Kuwait, we support all areas of our retail and warehouse operations. At the close of each trading day, all sales figures and stock movements are downloaded to our head office and to our partners via our secure state-of-the-art IT system. Careful analysis allows the correct decisions to be taken for each individual business unit. EPOS technology is installed in every outlet in each country, and a web enabled communications network is in place. Each international brand has its own dedicated management team to service their particular requirements.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, The individual is responsible to provide first line of support to retail stores.
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Coordinating with local ISP for WAN related Issues.
- Monitor the bandwidth of WAN networks using MRTG/PRTG.
- Monitor the status of all Network devices using network monitoring tools like Solar winds/HP open view.
- Implementing, Maintaining and securing wireless networks, Access point and wireless controllers.
- Manages all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software
- upgrades, and routine hardware configuration.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning.
- Ability to work independently and having excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.